- I embraced the web when it was young, dragging a multi-billion dollar company along kicking and screaming all the way.
- I'm among the first dozens of podcasters, and now there are millions.
- I'm an early adopter and vocal advocate of building businesses around the concept of "free".
- I'm the author of 2.5 books in the "for Dummies" series and continue to indie publish non-fiction books.
- Yes, I really did survive (and thrive) on a month-long regiment of craft beer and sausage as my only calorie source.
- I've founded five different startups. Three in the publishing space, one in finance [shudder], and one in media.
- If you'd like to have me speak at your conference or event; great! I have experience with all sorts of public speaking, from keynotes to workshops.
- University of OklahomaZoology, 1986 - 1989
- University of Phoenix
- School of Hard Knocks
- The Opportunistic Travelers (current)
- The Opportunistic TravelersDigital Nomad, 2015 - present
- Podiobooks.comCo-founder, 2005 - present
- Big BounceChief Disruption Officer, 2014 - 2015Incubating disruptive startups to sustainable and viable going concerns.
- SitewireVP of Media & Innovation, 2009 - 2014
- ePublish UnumCo-founder, 2011 - 2014
I'm in Finland to keynote #NBEFinland and #Matka2017, a travel conference. I was on my own for most of the first day, so I did a little self-guided tour around the harbor area. Below are the pics from my phone. Provided without context, because that's actually funnier in this case.
Help me find the right CMS.
Hive mind! Help me find this service I'm sure already exists:
1. Provides a "content vault" for building a library of hundreds of audio/video files
2. Easy management of that vault, compete with basic descriptive info/meta data
3. Drag-and-drop of some vault content to playlists/pages that are hidden/private/paywalled
All done on a web/mobile interface. Current LMS options are close, but too education-focused. I want to build shelves of content and give certain people/companies access to that specific shelf.
What's out there that's close? I could kludge together private YT playlists or use premium casting via Libsyn, but I'm hoping for something a little more brand-able for my client.
Also, the client isn't all that tech-savvy, so I'm looking for an off-the-shelf solution that I can get up and running and turn over to them. Easier = better, so I'm willing to sacrifice some customization.
Expect fog, drizzle, rain, clouds, and other generally damp photography, because that's England in late winter/early spring. As we learned!
We spent three weeks in Copenhagen in the dead of winter last year. That made for a funny story for us two desert rats, hopefully of which I've captured in the 20 images I've chosen for this new Collection.
The first five up are up, with new ones added daily. And I took 's advice of adding a short pinned post at the top of this (and every other) collection. Great suggestion!
Of NHL scouts and ancient mapping systems from when the internet was young. Somehow, we pull a funny travel story out of that.
Listen on iTunes: http://shevo.wtf/itunes
Listen on Google Play: http://shevo.wtf/gpp
Listen on the site: https://goo.gl/NTUVmu
#comedy #travel #southwest #hockey #kings #laptops #work
Prepping for our first trip back to the soon-to-be-made-great-again US of A, so I fished out my American money out of my pile...
I'm not sure where we got the Mexican pesos. Ringgits, HKDs, Yuen, and Dong (so much Dong!) make sense. There's roughly $35 USD worth of those. But a peso is worth $.50, so I thought I had a couple hundred bucks. But then I realized those are pre-devaluation notes, and each are worth 2 pesos now. Godsdammit.
Riding a motorbike in Thailand is dangerous business, but it is an interesting way to get to the city of Ayutthaya, just a few (billion) kilometers north of Bangkok. We did it. It wasn’t smart.
#comdey #travel #motorbike #ayutthaya #thailand #bangkok #motorcycle #tour #ttot #traveltuesday
Whitsunday Scenic Flights | GSL Aviation Airlie Beach - Flights services...
GSL Aviation operate daily Whitsunday scenic flights and Hamilton Island transfers. We specialise in flights over the Great Barrier Reef and
There Are Four Lights » Blog Archive » Explaining the process of science...
A good visualization takes a complicated issue and uses clever visual aids to make it more clear. The beauty of the visualization below is t
Information spreads quickly online; facts move a little slower
When videos and stories go viral, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Once it's out there, it's out there -- even if it's wrong.
Podiobooks, Audible, Audiobooks: we look at 3 audio book business models
I spend a lot of time on this blog talking about e-books and e-readers, but there's another type of book media that I'm a fan of: audio book
How to Better Manage Your Circles in Google+ | Peter G McDermott
With the release of Google's new “Community” feature on Google+, you can take a deep breath and stop trying to sort each and every person yo
Space Tourism, Just a Balloon Ride AwaySpace Tourism, Just a Balloon Rid...
As the Spanish team Zero2infinity shows, space tourism is more than just rocket science. On November 12 the start up company Zero2infinity s