This overdue 2.2.0 beta is out ! And it is huge !
The big highlights are :
The TOX backend. It is a secure, anonymous and serverless protocol, checkout http://tox.im
The new MUC API: Err can now manage rooms.
The new file transfer support: Err can send and receive files.
The new presence callback.
And a lot more, see below for details.
Thanks for all the contributions from the community !
- New serverless tox backend (see http://tox.im
for more info)
- New Presence callbacks with status messages etc.
- New file transfert support (upload and downloads) for selected backends
- New MUC management API
- added err-githubhook to the official repo list (thx Daniele Sluijters)
- added err-linksBot to the official repo list (thx Arnaud Vazard)
- added err-stash to the official repo list (thx Charles Gomes)
- shlex.split on split_args_with
- improved !status command (Thx Sijis Aviles)
- colorized log output
- configuration access improvements, it is now a property accessible from the plugins (self.bot_configuration) and the backends.
- bot can optionally name people it replies to in mucs with local conventions toto: or @toto etc... (thx Sijis Aviles)
- complete pass & fixes with a static analyser
- better feedback when config.py is borken
- hipchat has been rewritten and goes through the API
- more consistency on properties versus setters/getters
- mac osx fixes (thx Andrii Kostenko)
- unicode fix on irc backend (thx Sijis Aviles)