Oh, Pandoland www.pandoland2015.com, Pando's annual festival of entrepreneurship, technology, and Southern culture, is now FREE for ladies next week. Share the good news.
Let's go green, go LED, minimize waste (incandescents and CFLs need replacement much more often 5-20 times more often) replace the toxic CFLs and ultra-inefficient incandescents, save thousands of dollars long term in electricity and health costs.
I recommend always buying warm white bulbs (2700K) - not daylight ones (6500K is too high temperature with too much blue light) - as during the evenings in the winter you will expose yourself to TOO MUCH BLUE LIGHT (see https://plus.google.com/+AlexP/posts/JGFGWvy2Cps for the blue light reduction methods), and this can cause eye damage and also lead to insomnia and other issues. No mater what you like LED or halogen, go warm/soft white, not daylight. :)
Dirty electricity from CFLs is harmful and since LEDs are now on sale in many stores (just ask for the cheapest LED bulb when you get to Home Depot, etc) and almost as cheap as CFLs (2-3 dollars per lightbulb), switching to them makes far more sense - since you save electricity too. Just 3 years ago LEDs that cheap were science fiction.
All electrical bulbs and appliances cause some high frequency currents and there are certain filters you can buy on amazon and at anti-emf pollution online stores to reduce that dirty electricity in your house, like http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JM8POXE.
Having headaches, depression, health issues and such? Could be the CFL lights at home, or fluorescent lights at work or dirty appliances that mess up with your electrical fields in your house, even plumbing can cause sometimes unhealthy EMF fields and there are ways to measure and mitigate that.
More on CFL pollution at https://plus.google.com/+AlexP/posts/ENXuiiYAdVP
For the many advantages of LEDs versus CFLs please see this:
1. An LED bulb can use 50-70% of the energy of a CFL to produce same lumens.
2. LED lasts up to 10 times longer than a CFL.
3. LED lighting generates less heat than a CFL.
4. LEDs do not contain Mercury or other toxic heavy metals that can leak, or need to be disposed in very special ways to avoid contamination of landfills, etc.
5. A high rate of on-off cycling drastically shortens the life span of a CFL. An LED on the other hand is unaffected by on – off cycling. This is the reason LED devices are preferred for traffic lights.
6. CFL lamps take long to achieve full brightness. An LED bulb on the other hand achieves full brightness at the flick of a button.
7. UV light attracts insects. With virtually no UV emissions, LEDs do not attract bugs, insects. UV from CFLs causes eye damage, skin cancer and other health issues.
- Clemson UniversityElectrical Engineering, 1968 - 1972
- Georgia Institute of TechnologyElectrical Engineering, 1986 - 1987
- iNet2, CTO, Lilburn, GAChief Envisioneer, 2001 - present
ASUSTOR AS7004T NAS and Media Center Review and Giveaway
Convergence happens often in the world of technology, where one product category is subsumed by another – remember those phones that only ma
Google hits up the FCC for an ‘experimental’ licence – so what are they ...
Google, Google, Google, you are so full of surprises aren’t you, or at least it would appear so given your request to the Federal Communicat