12 JUNE IS INTERNATIONAL COUCHSURFING DAY 16 years ago today, Couchsurfing.org was born. In those 16 years, Couchsurfing has touched the lives of people in 100,000 cities across the globe. Couchsurfing is so much more than a website, it’s a community of p...
Come and join us to celebrate this Global Sharing Week.... we are practising Co-Working and Co-Housing in one location known as Hypecube @ SOHOland....also known as Collaborative Second Home designed for Live-Work-Travel-Learn-Play.... a truly Shared Integr...
I came across the recent launch of the Fractal Future Network, and felt that my pilot project Hypercube @ SOHOland (#hypercube@soholand) could be experimentally promoted via the platform. The following extracts throw up some new angles or approaches of the ...
I would really appreciate if you could indicate your willingness (by providing your Google+ contact) to participate in this “experiment” and also to learn more about “The Art of Commoning”. Hope to see you on line!
The Collaborative Second Home (Hypercube @ SOHOland) can be viewed as a Housing Revolution for the following reasons: • Property Ownership through Home-Shares • Property Ownership made affordable for wider population • Promote Investment rather than Consump...
- SOHOlandPrincipal, present
· Semi-retired Realtor, now working on place-making project called Collaborative Second Home for Live-Work-Travel-Learn-Play (LW-T-LP) Lifestyle and passive incomes. www.soholand-collaborative.com . Collaborative Second Home is similar to other "Third Place" projects such as Co-working, Co-Housing, Hacker-Space etc. This is your vehicle to owning a Second HOME, experiencing a Second LIFE, connecting to a Second FAMILY!
. Held senior management positions with listed companies in Malaysia, with overseas postings in Singapore, Vietnam, China etc., responsible for general management, marketing, project development etc. Plus familiarization tours of similar projects in Hong Kong, Macau, US, Australia, Italy etc.
· Qualified as Economist / Agriculturist / Realtor, with strong background / exposure / experience in ICT.
· Successfully marketed the first Smart-Home (ICT-enabled) project in Kuala Lumpur. Awarded relevant prize by the Centre of International Cooperation in Computerization (CICC), Japan in 1992. Plus tours of similar setups in Japan.
· Involved with Keiretsu Forum (K4) (Business Angels Club) Beijing Chapter, for Venture Capital / Private Equity promotion and activities etc.
· Involved in SOHO (Small Office Home Office) movement in China and Malaysia, with clear vision of the future evolution of the SOHO movement: Beyond Solopreneur / Technopreneur / Biopreneur. Given full-page color feature in the Malay Mail.
· Own a 10-acre Urban Fringe Agro-forestry site near Semenyih, Selangor, Malaysia. Good knowledge of permaculture / organic farming experience.
· Actively involved with LOHAS (Lifestyle of Health and Sustainability) and relevant activities, both online and off-line (overseas and local)
· Completed Presidential Ride (110-km) on mountain-bike with the PCC (Pedalphile Cycling Club) of Kuala Lumpur.
· Familiarity with Chinese Culture and Philosophy (particularly Confucianism), with comparative study of Integral Theory.
· Currently working on SOHO Technology 3.0 that summarizes my perceived approach to Sustainability and Wellbeing / Happiness, covering the Triple-Bottom-Line.
Actively working on Third Place project (place-making sanctuary for Plan B scenario) advocating Home / Work / Life balance via SOHO Tech 3.0 http://bit.ly/319MEN
OR simply:From SOHO (Small-Office-Home-Office) to LOHO (Life Of Harmony) without being BOBO (Bourgeois-Bohemian: Yuppie types who pretend not to be), or simply being a Lohomian, practicing LOHAS (Lifestyle Of Health And Sustainability) and achieving Triple-Bottom-Line of Profit-People-Planet or Economy-Equity-Ecology, via SOHO-Technology 3.0 at SOHOMINIUM
- University of Malaya1973