1. Plan your productivity. Your day often gets derailed because you didn't start on the right track. At the beginning of the day, plan the projects you want to move forward, the people you need to reach out to, and the main things you must complete. Get focused. When you do this, it’s easier to stay on the path of purpose, to brush off the distractions and dramas that don’t fit the day’s agenda, and to proactively contribute at high performance levels.
2. Take a reset break. If you find your day completely derailed, immediately stop everything and do one of two things: Either listen to your favorite music playlist and go for a 20 minute walk while breathing deeply…or… meditate with The Release Meditation Technique for 20 minutes. Then, sit with your journal and answer these questions: “What am I grateful for? What three things must I accomplish today? What is my reward if I accomplish those three things?” This will help you reset.
3. Get out of yourself and into service. Instead of obsessing about yourself, ask: “What could I do right now to give surprise, attention, gratitude, or appreciation to somebody around me?” Whether it’s writing a random thank you email, calling someone to say you love them, or joking around with a friend, getting outside yourself and in service to someone else helps you reboot the day.
4. Activate simple self-talk. When your day gets thrown off, sometimes the best thing you can do is close your eyes and say this to yourself: “Be patient. I’m okay. I have faith. I’m here to serve. Here we go.” You can repeat this until you feel calm.
Life can get challenging, but just know: This too shall pass. You will get through it just as you have before. No matter what happens, you are still here, you can learn to reset your day and you can experience what we call The Charged Life!
Get mp3/transcript: http://tmblr.co/ZTb1Dv1tFcqem
Philippians 4:4-9 ~ Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your re...
- American Prudential Capital, Inc.VP of Bank and Broker Relations, present
- USAFCryptologic Linguist Mandarin
Unlimited Availability of funds.
Eric Standlee, Principal and VP of Business Development and Bank Relationship Development with family owned Houston private funding firm American Prudential Capital, Inc., founded the on-line/off-line community InHouston which meets once a month every second Wednesday in Uptown Park. InHouston has grown from 6 people in February 2008 to 400+. On-line the group on LinkedIn and their own social network theinhouston.com has grown to larger than 30,000 members and is part of the InCity Networks which is starting similar groups around the world.
Eric has helped his family’s funding firm increase sales by more than $80 million in monthly numbers utilizing what he knows about social networking sites like LinkedIn. He speaks regularly at two or more venues about “Driving Revenue using Social Networking”. Eric is currently the host of internet “radio shows” including The Everything Networking show available for download free from iTunes. He has written and published a book on Amazon called “Alternative Funding” and is currently writing 4 more business books to come out soon. Eric‘s family’s private funding firm provides funding to growing commercial b2b companies.
Eric is also the founder of three acquisition holding companies in: Oild Field Services, IT Services, and Staffing.
Eric Standlee and Mitchell From founded Everything Talk Radio, LLC which is a talk radio network including shows like Everything Networking. See more at http://EverythingTalkRadio.com
- Texas A&M
- Defense Language Institute
- Empires and Allies
- Star Wars Uprising