Download it for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.fireball
In the past, Nexus phones received a random blog post or a private press invite, that's it. Google seems to be going all in with the Pixel this time around and that's just awesome.
They're advertising this event all over the place from TV advertisements to web ads to huge billboards. Here's a Pixel / October 4th event advertisement photo from New York City.
1: Slack is like email now except more annoying because it's constant and there's no thought put towards sending a message. At least with email there is a thin veneer of decorum and forethought when composing a message.
2: Dependencies that shuffle away functionality into the realm of "magic" are probably inherently bad when there is the possibility of onboarding new folks onto projects.
3: college students who only have classwork to show are in for a rude awakening and will quickly learn that the only jobs that hire devs that don't show some passion for what they do are the jobs that no one that knows better wants to do.
Ok going to sleep.
3. That's true, and it sucks. I think it's a form of hiring bias against students who don't have that kind of free time. At the college career fairs we went to this week, I met people with kids, people working jobs during school, and master's students with full-time experience who seemed to be crossing their fingers for any job, like their interests had nothing to do with it. I'd ask, "What do you want to work on?" They'd say, "I've done a lot of XYZ." I see it as a sad reality that we might be able to solve in our hiring process, but that most companies won't bother to.
Can't send SMS on iOS, so you're forced to rely on an external sms client to handle all that. It's gross, but what other option is there?
- ECPI UniversityWeb Development and Programming, 2009 - 2011Bachelors in CIS for Web Development and Programming. I did stuff.
- LC Bird High School1999
- Community College of the Air ForceAerospace Maintenance Technology, 2002 - 2008
- WillowTree, IncSoftware Engineer, 2011 - presentDevelop award winning apps for clients such as Vox Media(The Verge, SB Nation), Johnson & Johnsons Babycenter, Barclays Center, Brooklyn Nets, and AXS. Android Apps I've done: AXS, The Verge, SB Nation, Babycenter, Barclays Center, NCAA Sports, Brooklyn Nets, Comedy Central, Elfie, Gunbroker, etc etc. More here: http://www.androidassembled.com/p/portfolio.html
- IamAndroidFounder, 2011 - 2011Ran the first Social Network dedicated to Android Users. Then Google+ came out.
- SuccesswerksProject Manager, 2010 - 2011Manage and develop social media solutions for clients in need of an end-to-end social media strategy.
- USAFInspection Dock Chief, 2002 - 2008Inspect, repair and maintain F-15E Strike Eagle aircraft in support of the mission of the USAF.
107 5th St SE ST B Charlottesville, VA 22901
Car thief becomes first person to die in a Tesla Model S crash
Elon Musk can no longer say that no one's ever died in a Tesla automobile crash. But few people will be pointing fingers at the electric car
Experience the shocking power of Britney Spears without Auto-Tune
Auto-Tune has been embraced by the music industry for its ability to create polished, listenable recordings when an artist lacks the natural
June Android Platform Distribution Numbers Released: KitKat Up To 13.6%,...
Last month's Android platform distribution numbers showed a continuing steady rise of Android 4.4 in handsets worldwide, but this month's nu
Android TV Rumored To Launch At Google I/O With Pano Interface And Hardw...
Let's face it: at this point, Google TV is a certified flop. For all its good points, its adoption was hampered by expensive hardware, limit
[APK Teardown] Google Play Services 4.4 Explodes With Android Wear Suppo...
There should be no doubt, Google is getting ready to make a lot of announcements at I/O. If we've learned anything from past experiences, Go
Purported Shots Of Upcoming Gmail Features Show A New UI, Pinned And Sno...
There's a new version of Gmail making the rounds at Google, if a couple of leaked screenshots from Geek.com can be believed. Those shots des
Ergotron WorkFit-S Dual with Worksurface+ Review and Giveaway
Your chair is killing you, or so recent studies would have you believe. Sure, you could just prop up your monitor on a box and work while st