Shame on you.. Devin McClean acted promptly, bravely, and correctly - he deserves praise and thanks for saving a life and preventing a violent crime. It's the idiot who made the policy that got him canned who should be fired.
27 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 41 previous comments
- Is self-defense a more basic human right than economic self-determination? Is the right to bear arms more fundamental than the right to run a business that you own the way you think is correct?Dec 7, 2012
- Not playing your gotcha game any more, Adam.Dec 7, 2012
- Self-defense trumps everything. Nobody is allowed to say that I must remain in mortal danger and not defend myself.
Self-defense is the most elementary human right. If you aren't starting from that premise, then we aren't going to agree on anything.Dec 7, 2012
- Good example of when policy does not account for the actual threat landscape for where that policy is applied. Thier policy is broken and needs to be amended.Dec 7, 2012
- Their Twitter feed and Facebook page have gone dead silent since this happened. Previously, each had about a post a day about something that Autozone was sponsoring, but not since Dec. 4.Dec 11, 2012
- One thing to bear in mind when judging corporate "don't be a hero" policy is consideration of second order effects. When i was a shift manager at a pizza place, a friend moved to another pizza chain which had a similar policy. They fired employees who prevented a robbery (don't think guns were involved). The reasoning behind the policy is to avoid retribution from the robber's friends. I don't believe gun control works, but I can understand that consideration.Dec 15, 2012