Some of you may remember I kicked a project to make chips from cricket flour. They were funded and I got my chips and...well...they taste like any other "gourmet" style chip. I sampled them around work to a dozen people or so and the overwhelming opinion was positive.
Those of you that know me know that I'm not going to stop eating meat anytime soon, but I also cannot deny that the production of meat products is resource intensive and tough on the environment and animals. With that in mind I will continue to sample and support alternatives when I can. Such as these yummy high protein chips.
I ran across a thread on Reddit recommending playlists and the one I keep going back to is made by and called 2015. It's a collection of songs he has found this year and is all over the place but I like it as I keep finding new stuff. This group popped up today and I liked it enough to jump over to their latest album
Evan (Spotify) - https://open.spotify.com/user/121005385
2015 Playlist (Spotify) - https://open.spotify.com/user/121005385/playlist/3LYgXlhZ3KbUtkNMjKHf42
Evan, apologies if this isn't you but you have music fiend in your profile description so I made the leap. :)
question. I want to flesh out my G+ profile with a list of words that describe me. What would you use to describe me?
· Enthusiastic Lego Aficionado – I have a plethora that I store in my son’s room
· Desert Sherpa of the West – I’m more comfy in the desert 2 miles from car in August than in Downtown LA
· Hermit in training – see above
· Zen Fatherhood Trainee – emphasis on trainee
· Hopeful explorer – this surprised me, but it is true
· River Tramp – no not that river, the other one.
· Most Likely to Fall Down a Mountainside....trying to save his GPS - <nodding>
· Reluctant urbanite...because it's where the WiFis are – ugh, rite!
· Jeep Whore – cause what a Jeep really is…is freedom.
· Nerdasaurus – that’s where all the action is
· !!! yes that :) – yup, it’s twoo
· Bird feeder filler – I have four. I sit on the porch and watch them instead of tv.
· Parakeet wrangler – he did whistle the storm trooper death march for a couple days.
· Cat serf - pwned (I have a hamster too. Don't tell them)
· Future Owner of an Awesomely Obedient and playful border collie – yes please
· Denier of Caffeine (though he keeps coming back for more) – the black cat next to the black dog in the corner
· Fake Ass Green Tea Drinker (see above) – Fake ass Chai drinker lately.
- Allfast Fastening SystemsDirector of Materials, present
Eliot Brodsky's Monsterpalooza Returns to Burbank - March 28-30, 2014
Eliot Brodsky's Monsterpalooza Returns to Burbank - March 28-30, 2014. Details coming Soon...
'I Am Still Called by the God I Serve to Walk This Out'
A conversation with Lucia McBath, mother of Jordan Davis
The Numbers Don't Lie: It's Irrational to Give Up This Much Liberty to F...
When confronted by threats far deadlier, Americans are much less willing to cede liberty and privacy.
The Humble Indie Bundle #3 (pay what you want for five awesome indie games)
Pay what you want for some awesome games and help support two charities. All of the games are DRM-free and support Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Ready Player One: the best science fiction novel I’ve read in a decade –...
Ready Player One: the best science fiction novel I've read in a decade. Posted by Mark Frauenfelder on Monday, Aug 15th at 10:42am. (Rea
Juno Looks Back, Photographs Earth-Moon System : Discovery News
Looking back as it zooms through interplanetary space, NASA's spacecraft Juno captured a portrait of the Earth and moon. Yes, that's us. Al
Turn a Used Wine Bottle into an Stylish, Mosquito-Repelling Torch
For about $5, Erik Anderson (of design firm Gerardot and Co.) figured out how to turn his used wine bottles into outdoor torches that would
Build an LED Display That Responds To Music - Wired How-To Wiki
WIRED. HOW-TO WIKI. Wiki Home. Computers; DIY; Food & Drink; Gadgets; Green; iPod & iPhone. Internet; Lifestyle; Photo; Software; Su