I will use any excuse to not exercise unless...
I tell my mind to shut up and go exercise anyway.
I went to change into my running clothes for my lunchtime run and realized I forgot to pack a shirt. Immediately voices in my head told me to skip it, can't do it, oh well, wait until tomorrow.
I argued with myself for 15 minutes before jumping in the car.
I found a Goodwill store and bought this shirt for $1.99. 15 minutes later I was running. 3.3 miles in the bag. I don't always win this struggle with myself. #NotDeadCantQuit #bodyweightfitness
Sharing with because JPL ;)
Still unchecked on my bucket list
A very large solar event took place early on the 25th of February. It was located near the east limb of the sun facing away from the Earth, so the effect on the Earth may be diminished somewhat. However, we expect enhanced auroral activity when the disturbance arrives late in the evening of the 26th of February UT. For North America, this means aurora may reach index Kp=5 or more so as to be visible over the northern half of the US during the night of the 26th/27th. Activity could also be high on the night of the 27th/28th.
To follow the location of the aurora at any given time, go to http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ovation/
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
It looks like we might actually get some good rain over the next couple of days. Sunday should be a nice hiking day if you are into being outdoors. Hiking in the San Gabriels after a rainstorm is wonderful.
- Allfast Fastening SystemsDirector of Materials, present
question. I want to flesh out my G+ profile with a list of words that describe me. What would you use to describe me?
· Enthusiastic Lego Aficionado – I have a plethora that I store in my son’s room
· Desert Sherpa of the West – I’m more comfy in the desert 2 miles from car in August than in Downtown LA
· Hermit in training – see above
· Zen Fatherhood Trainee – emphasis on trainee
· Hopeful explorer – this surprised me, but it is true
· River Tramp – no not that river, the other one.
· Most Likely to Fall Down a Mountainside....trying to save his GPS - <nodding>
· Reluctant urbanite...because it's where the WiFis are – ugh, rite!
· Jeep Whore – cause what a Jeep really is…is freedom.
· Nerdasaurus – that’s where all the action is
· !!! yes that :) – yup, it’s twoo
· Bird feeder filler – I have four. I sit on the porch and watch them instead of tv.
· Parakeet wrangler – he did whistle the storm trooper death march for a couple days.
· Cat serf - pwned (I have a hamster too. Don't tell them)
· Future Owner of an Awesomely Obedient and playful border collie – yes please
· Denier of Caffeine (though he keeps coming back for more) – the black cat next to the black dog in the corner
· Fake Ass Green Tea Drinker (see above) – Fake ass Chai drinker lately.
'I Am Still Called by the God I Serve to Walk This Out'
A conversation with Lucia McBath, mother of Jordan Davis
The Numbers Don't Lie: It's Irrational to Give Up This Much Liberty to F...
When confronted by threats far deadlier, Americans are much less willing to cede liberty and privacy.
The Humble Indie Bundle #3 (pay what you want for five awesome indie games)
Pay what you want for some awesome games and help support two charities. All of the games are DRM-free and support Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Ready Player One: the best science fiction novel I’ve read in a decade –...
Ready Player One: the best science fiction novel I've read in a decade. Posted by Mark Frauenfelder on Monday, Aug 15th at 10:42am. (Rea
Juno Looks Back, Photographs Earth-Moon System : Discovery News
Looking back as it zooms through interplanetary space, NASA's spacecraft Juno captured a portrait of the Earth and moon. Yes, that's us. Al
Turn a Used Wine Bottle into an Stylish, Mosquito-Repelling Torch
For about $5, Erik Anderson (of design firm Gerardot and Co.) figured out how to turn his used wine bottles into outdoor torches that would
Build an LED Display That Responds To Music - Wired How-To Wiki
WIRED. HOW-TO WIKI. Wiki Home. Computers; DIY; Food & Drink; Gadgets; Green; iPod & iPhone. Internet; Lifestyle; Photo; Software; Su