I haven't done any hiking here. This may be my first trail. Sounds wonderful.
Someone who knows them suggest a field of sheep.
Always happy to see a new Tabletop episode and , but honestly I'm really happy to see in the wild. Yay!
Clambering up the Cold Mountain path,
The Cold Mountain trail goes on and on:
The long gorge choked with scree and boulders,
The wide creek, the mist blurred grass.
The moss is slippery, though there's been no rain
The pine sings, but there's no wind.
Who can leap the word's ties
And sit with me among the white clouds?
Heading out into the wild this weekend for 4 days of backpacking near the Kearsarge Pass area of the Sierra Nevadas. Keep things from spinning apart...
Oh yeah, this won't be a distraction at all. /sigh
Some of the pics I took on my hike last weekend from Onion Valley Campground up into the Sierra Nevadas. If you have the means and the time, anywhere in the John Muir Wilderness is beautiful.
Kearsarge Pass Trail - NPS
question. I want to flesh out my G+ profile with a list of words that describe me. What would you use to describe me?
· Enthusiastic Lego Aficionado – I have a plethora that I store in my son’s room
· Desert Sherpa of the West – I’m more comfy in the desert 2 miles from car in August than in Downtown LA
· Hermit in training – see above
· Zen Fatherhood Trainee – emphasis on trainee
· Hopeful explorer – this surprised me, but it is true
· River Tramp – no not that river, the other one.
· Most Likely to Fall Down a Mountainside....trying to save his GPS - <nodding>
· Reluctant urbanite...because it's where the WiFis are – ugh, rite!
· Jeep Whore – cause what a Jeep really is…is freedom.
· Nerdasaurus – that’s where all the action is
· !!! yes that :) – yup, it’s twoo
· Bird feeder filler – I have four. I sit on the porch and watch them instead of tv.
· Parakeet wrangler – he did whistle the storm trooper death march for a couple days.
· Cat serf - pwned (I have a hamster too. Don't tell them)
· Future Owner of an Awesomely Obedient and playful border collie – yes please
· Denier of Caffeine (though he keeps coming back for more) – the black cat next to the black dog in the corner
· Fake Ass Green Tea Drinker (see above) – Fake ass Chai drinker lately.
- Allfast Fastening SystemsDirector of Materials, present
Eliot Brodsky's Monsterpalooza Returns to Burbank - March 28-30, 2014
Eliot Brodsky's Monsterpalooza Returns to Burbank - March 28-30, 2014. Details coming Soon...
'I Am Still Called by the God I Serve to Walk This Out'
A conversation with Lucia McBath, mother of Jordan Davis
The Numbers Don't Lie: It's Irrational to Give Up This Much Liberty to F...
When confronted by threats far deadlier, Americans are much less willing to cede liberty and privacy.
The Humble Indie Bundle #3 (pay what you want for five awesome indie games)
Pay what you want for some awesome games and help support two charities. All of the games are DRM-free and support Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Ready Player One: the best science fiction novel I’ve read in a decade –...
Ready Player One: the best science fiction novel I've read in a decade. Posted by Mark Frauenfelder on Monday, Aug 15th at 10:42am. (Rea
Juno Looks Back, Photographs Earth-Moon System : Discovery News
Looking back as it zooms through interplanetary space, NASA's spacecraft Juno captured a portrait of the Earth and moon. Yes, that's us. Al
Turn a Used Wine Bottle into an Stylish, Mosquito-Repelling Torch
For about $5, Erik Anderson (of design firm Gerardot and Co.) figured out how to turn his used wine bottles into outdoor torches that would
Build an LED Display That Responds To Music - Wired How-To Wiki
WIRED. HOW-TO WIKI. Wiki Home. Computers; DIY; Food & Drink; Gadgets; Green; iPod & iPhone. Internet; Lifestyle; Photo; Software; Su