I wrote this article to demonstrate a simple way to restart the delete or archive countdown using the new aws-cli command line tool.
Built by a friend.
With luck there will be interesting discussion at http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5112378.
I just picked up (contributed towards) a second Ubuntu Edge. The contribution/price was just lowered, making them more attractive.
You have to contribute to the Indiegogo campaign now to get one. These phone/computers will not be for sale after manufacture.
It seemed a little creepy at first, but I'm getting used to it and the popup alert saved me a couple times when my phone was on silent.
Thanks for all of your feedback on last week's Hangouts launch. I wanted to quickly talk about 1) making/receiving phone calls in Gmail, and 2) Google Voice support more generally.
1) Today's version of Hangouts doesn't yet support outbound calls on the web and in the Chrome extension, but we do support inbound calls to your Google Voice number. We're working hard on supporting both, and outbound/inbound calls will soon be available. In the meantime, you can continue using Google Talk in Gmail.
2) Hangouts is designed to be the future of Google Voice, and making/receiving phone calls is just the beginning. Future versions of Hangouts will integrate Google Voice more seamlessly.
- University of CincinnatiBS Computer Science
- CampusExplorer.comSVP Technology, 2007 - present
- ThisNext.comCo-founder / VP Technology, 2005 - 2007
- Rent.comDirector of Technology, 2001 - 2005
- Stamps.comSr. Web Architect, 1999 - 2001
- Citysearch.comSr. Architect, 1996 - 1999
- Structural Dynamics Research Corporation
- Xetron Corp
EC2 create-image Does Not Fully "Stop" The Instance - Alestic.com
The EC2 create-image API/command/console action is a convenient trigger to create an AMI from a running (or stopped) EBS boot instance. It t
Finding the Region for an AWS Resource ID - Alestic.com
use concurrent AWS command line requests to search the world for your instance, image, volume, snapshot, … Background. Amazon EC2 and many o
Changing The Default "ubuntu" Username On EC2 Instances - Alestic.com
configure your own ssh username in user-data. The official Ubuntu AMIs create a default user with the username ubuntu which is used for the
Default ssh Usernames For Connecting To EC2 Instances - Alestic.com
Each AMI publisher on EC2 decides what user (or users) should have ssh access enabled by default and what ssh credentials should allow you t
New c3.* Instance Types on Amazon EC2 - Nice! - Alestic.com
Worth switching. Amazon shared that the new c3.* instance types have been in high demand on EC2 since they were released. I finally had a mi
Using aws-cli --query Option To Simplify Output - Alestic.com
My favorite session at AWS re:Invent was James Saryerwinnie's clear, concise, and informative tour of the aws-cli (command line interface),
Query EC2 Account Limits with AWS API - Alestic.com
Here's a useful tip mentioned in one of the sessions at AWS re:Invent this year. There is a little known API call that lets you query some o
Using An AWS CloudFormation Stack To Allow "-" Instead Of "+" In Gmail E...
Launch a CloudFormation template to set up a stack of AWS resources to fill a simple need: Supporting Gmail addresses with “-” instead of “+
Installing the New AWS Command Line Tool: awscli - Alestic.com
consistent control over more AWS services with awscli, a single, powerful command line tool from Amazon. Readers of this tech blog know that
Reset S3 Object Timestamp for Bucket Lifecycle Expiration - Alestic.com
Reset S3 Object Timestamp for Bucket Lifecycle Expiration. By Eric Hammond on September 10, 2013 5:00 PM | 3 Comments. use aws-cli to extend