The Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius will be running in the Olympics for South Africa in the 400m and the 4x400m
90 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- Would a mechanical failure be any more or less tragic that another athlete snapping a muscle/tendon during a race?Jul 5, 2012
- Well it would at least be less painful. However, I suppose that part could puncture the guy when he falls or worse, fly off and injure another athlete!
Don't get me wrong guys, I fully support him going to Olympics. I am just pointing out why there was a debate.
Yeah, he has half the muscles to do the same work. But on the same hand he has half the muscles to burn energy to complete the same amount of work.
Regardless, he has to be nothing short of spectacular to even qualify. I'm no slouch, but I couldn't qualify to go to the Olympics!Jul 5, 2012
- guy yuma+1Poor little tink tinkJul 5, 2012
- Anyone know what his qualifying times were?Jul 6, 2012
- very goodJul 6, 2012
- What are those? "My legs are augmented"Jul 6, 2012