I've received a refund from Kickstarter for Pebble Core, and picked up a stainless steel Series 0 Apple Watch about a week ago. So far I miss the always-on display of Pebble but otherwise I like my Apple Watch, even it's not the latest model. Battery life is not as bad as I thought, but I do have to charge it daily. Does anyone have nightstand dock recommendations? Preferably something that I can take with me for traveling, too.
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- It's from the German Amazon Shop. Maybe, there is also in your Amazon shop too. This ist nice, cheap and simple. The material is plastic, but a little bit flexible, it will not break in your baggage.
Apple Watch Stand, Spigen [Ladestation] [Apple Watch Stand] [S350] - Ladekabel & Watch Case & Watch NICHT IM LIEFERUNFANG ENTHALTEN -Komfortabler Blickwinkel [NightStand Mode] S350 [SGP11584] amazon.de - Apple Watch Stand, Spigen - Ladekabel & Watch: Amazon.de: Elektronik39w
- I bought my wife the Apple watch charging dock. It's a bit pricey at $79 (duh, it's Apple) but works very well. It's solid, quite heavy and folds into a small disk so great for traveling. I also supports night stand mode. Granted there are probably plenty out there on Amazon for much cheaper but when I looked about a year ago there weren't many that supported night stand mode.39w
- Thank you, I ordered one!39w
- Thanks for the recommendation, I didn't realize it folds down! I'll take a look at it when I go to Apple Store next time.39w
- Don't forget that the one sold by Apple includes the charging cable/inductive coupler. The price is not so bad when you keep that in mind.
All the other stands expect you to use your existing charger. so you might end up buying an extra charger cable anyway.
Here's a link to an article with more suggestions:
- Thanks for pointing that out, the charger by itself costs $30! I might use the Spigen one for now but the Apple one is definitely on my wish list.39w
- I just splurged and picked this up from Amazon: http://a.co/cg7lxdp
I have been looking for an Apple Watch travel case that can hold extra watchbands and this is the first one I've seen that does what I want.
If you keep your AC adapter in another bag (as I do), this case is very roomy to hold several bands and I like the shape being like an eyeglass case so I can fit it in my laptop messenger bag, not just a suitcase or carry-on.39w