Love Gatsby style!
- Freelance WriterWriter, 1999 - presentI'm a "doer." Here are some things I've recently done for others. I can do the same for you. * Engaged WebMD website users by providing expert responses to health queries via the WebMD Answers tool * Helped successfully launch Cision's Seek or Shout social media community for journalists, bloggers and brands by acting as an ambassador/community manager * Contributed to the launch of a major new PBS web initiative, NextAvenue.org, by reporting health news of interest to Baby Boomers * Entertained and informed HistoryChannel.com readers with articles on interesting and obscure historical topics * Helped one retail client achieve 15% year-over-year growth in sales with expert SEO writing, ghost blogging and social media management * Educated consumers with expertly sourced fact sheets on various medical conditions for the National Institutes of Health * Authored a case study on medical technology innovation that may be contending for an award later this year If you're looking for effective, friendly community management, social media expertise, great reporting or customer engagement, give me a call today.
- History.comRecurring contributor, 2012 - 2013Entertain and inform readers with articles on interesting and obscure historical topics, such as "Discontinued Olympic Sports."
- WebMD.comContributing expert, 2012 - 2013
- NextAvenue.orgRecurring contributor, 2012 - 2013
- Cision ABBrand ambassador, 2012 - 2012
- ABQ Health Partners Plastic SurgeryRN, 2009 - 2012
I'm also a science geek and history nerd. Lover of Oxford comma but slave to AP Stylebook.
- University of New MexicoNursing
- University of New MexicoCreative Writing
Categorizing friends isn’t natural (via +Thomas Power)
It’s true that you can probably label everyone you met through an organization (school, work, etc.) but the boundaries quickly
Common Drug May Slow Aging, Boost Cancer Recovery - Forbes
An anti-aging powerhouse right under our noses? Metformin, a drug commonly prescribed for diabetes, slows aging and cancer tumor growth, new
Even in the 1870s, humans were obsessed with ridiculous photos of cats
If you think the notion to slap cutesy epigrams on top of photographs of kittens originated with the internet, think again. Deranged cat pic
The 10 Most Asinine 1990s Comic Book Characters Who Never Caught On
The 1990s were a frenzied time for comic books. Sure, everybody was buying stacks of comics with hologram covers and quoting Wolverine non-i
Joe Kittinger’s Death-Defying Leap From the Edge of Space
Over 50 years ago, Joe Kittinger rode a balloon 102,800 feet up to the edge of space. Then he jumped out.
PBS, You Don’t Need to Protect Us From Fred Willard | Entertainment | TI...
Yes, the star may have been arrested for lewd behavior. But who exactly was going to be offended by Willard narrating a show for grown adult
The Day Skylab Crashed to Earth: Facts About the First U.S. Space Statio...
On July 11, 1979, the world watched as Skylab, America’s first manned space station, hurtled toward Earth. With the massive orbiter nearing
Amelia Earhart’s Navigator: The Life and Loss of Fred Noonan
In one of history’s most fascinating mysteries, Fred Noonan will always be something of a footnote. Forever remembered as “Amelia Earhart’s
Emancipation Proclamation Copy Signed by Lincoln for Sale
In 1864, Abraham Lincoln autographed limited-edition copies of the Emancipation Proclamation sold for fundraising purposes. On Tuesday, June
Napoleon’s Disastrous Invasion of Russia, 200 Years Ago
Napoleon Bonaparte is generally regarded as one of history’s top military tacticians. But 200 years ago this Sunday, he committed a grave er
10 ways to increase your credibility on Twitter [study]
A study recently conducted by Carnegie Mellon University and Microsoft sheds some really interesting light on the factors that contribute to
The End of Civilization?: 7 Moments in the History of the Doomsday Clock
In June 1947, in the early years of the Cold War, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (BAS) inaugurated the symbolic timekeeper known as t