Interesting article that's quite relevant to me - including a poll at the end that amused me suitably. I haven't opened Microsoft Word in a long time, dumping it for Open Office as soon as that was broadly available, and these days I've moved on yet again to do all my writing in Google Documents. Who would have thought the day would come where even WordPad was a nicer choice than Word, whose multitude of "features" render it absolutely useless for most of our writing needs?
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- The features are optional... it will do all the stuff OO does, it just does about a thousand other things as well.Apr 14, 2012
- To me, LibreOffice does everything I need an office suite to do. And it's open source, the principle I fully agree with and support. To me, Word is little more than a waste of money.Apr 14, 2012
- Sorry? What did I rant about?
Better, if you guys don't like Word, just don't buy it :)
You know, when you read something you cannot unread it... I couldn't have known earlier if the article was bringing valid points. it was not, and I am saying why, really sorry if I disagree with you. :)
Other people (like me) may need Word. Oh, and I used it till last year at uni too, quite a lot. Not in a professional environment, then.
Have seriously a look at Live Writer, the first window came out was asking me where I wanted to blog. If you guys are into web writing that may be alright for you.Apr 14, 2012
- your last post sure looked like a rant against the author of that blog. :-)
And you probably know that nobody is forcing you to abandon Word. ;-)Apr 14, 2012
- whatever :)Apr 14, 2012
- I have no idea how anyone who needs to do some serious writing can ditch MS-Office for Open OfficeApr 15, 2012