+Elia Locardi +Naomi Locardi
Your story is wonderful, as are you images. I'm really really glad it is (finally) working out for you, it is comforting to see that perseverance and keeping true to one's true values (you have to really know what they are!) pays off in the longer run. Truly inspiring. And I hope it only gets better!
I am curious, though, to understand how you deal with some of the hindrances I face when I travel (which I do a fair bit, but nowhere near you guys ;-))
- I hate living out of a suitcase, especially re-making it when leaving some place.
- It takes me a few days to readjust to the time zones, in addition to recovering from sleeping in airplanes (unless I'm traveling business class, which is rare, only when I manage to get an upgrade...). From what I've read about your travels, not only do you travel far, but you also hop many (>4, 5) time zones each time - and don't stay longer than 7 days in one place, typically. To top all of this, photography routine is typically getting up before sunrise...
You must be walking zombies ;-)!
- How do you deal with laundry? Do you wash your clothes in the hotel?
- What is your backup strategy? I am sure you have several external HDs, plus cloud storage. But this requires enough bandwidth... And I presume carrying your HDs around is also not a very safe approach for more permanent backup.
- How do you deal with medical issues (not necessarily illnesses), like regular treatments, dentist, etc...?
It would be nice if you can share your experiences in these aspects...
Thanks and good luck, carry on!