You don't think in 3-years it ever occurred to me that I could turn my followers into an army to attack people I disagree with? But I don't, and I block anyone who mobilizes their own followers "against me" because the alternative is a pointless exercise in whose d**k is bigger.
To be clear: we all have the occasional post that steps over the line. I understand that. I am not talking about that. Everybody has said things in a rage that they later regretted. It happens.
But if you dedicate post after post to hate, bile, and vengeance, I want nothing to do with you. You will be uncircled, blocked, whatever it takes.
If you open posts with "fuck the <insert slur here>", that is you. If you reshare exchanges between you and another person with the express goal of humiliating (or "doxing", because you don't want to admit that) that other person, that's you. If you are not capable of debating something without insults, that's you. If you wish death on other people, that's certainly you.
Some of the people I talk about also shared interesting content, so I followed them at some point.
That was a mistake. I am not interested in a stream of negativity, and so, in bulk, I will say "Good bye" to those people. I wish you all the best, and I hope at some point you will be able to contain your rage, but I can't be around for it.
They hate, they go. I don't bother to check out their back (hi)story. Instead, engage with those looking to build meaningful relationships.
"Comparatively, attendees at Apple's conference -- whom Ivanovic noted "highlighted just how insular and superior a lot of Apple developers act and feel" -- aren't as open. "If you don't believe me, just join a group of them at WWDC and whip out your Android phone. Within moments, you'll wish you had whipped out something less offensive, like your genitalia, instead."
That goes for atheists, too, and I mean it also applies to atheists. Not just about them.
How or if you worship God, gods, or whatever else is not my concern. How you treat others is all that matters to me.
Satya Nadella is proving to be aggressive in his pursuit of remaking Microsoft's culture. His latest email to employees hits all the right high notes and shows him to be the sort of visionary CEO the Redmond Giant has needed for many years now.
Phantom CYNK Social Network Exploding on Wall Street
From the "Money? We don't need to make no stinkin' money!" file comes the case of CYNK, a mysterious company with one listed employee, no revenue or profits, and a social network which may or may not have any actual users.
Yet CYNK's stock value on Wall Street has grown to a market value of over $4bn. That's billlion, with a b. Just in case "Yo" seemed entirely too cluttered and unfocused, what with its actual user base, CYNK will give you that feeling of limitless open space one normally gets only while on deep space exploration by yourself.
You say there's no tech bubble, that this isn't a sign of a new Dot Com bust in the making? In that case, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, and unlike CYNK, people actually use the bridge.
#CYNK #TechBubble #SiliconValley
- Fennell Social MediaSocial Media Manager, 2013 - present
- FreelanceI.T. & Crowdsourcing, 2000 - presentAmazon Mechanical Turk Worker for Human Intelligence Tasks (HITs) Freelance I.T. Work
- Harbor 1 MarinaI.T. Administrator, 2002 - 2008Network Administration, File System Management, Cyber Security, Accounting, Maintenance and Deployment
- American Offshore MarinaI.T. Administrator, 2002 - 2008Network Administration, File System Management, Cyber Security, Accounting, Maintenance and Deployment
- University of Florida I.F.A.S.I.T. & A.V. Specialist, 2005 - 2007Network Administration, Maintenance and Deployment, Managing and Controlling Audiovisual Systems for Remote Learning Courses
- University of Florida I.F.A.S.Horticulture Research Assistant, 2007 - 2007Planting, Harvesting, and Measurements for Horticultural Research at the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences in Davie, Florida.
- Active User Since Beta
- In the Top 550 U.S. G+ Profiles according to CircleCount.com
- Contributor for Wojdylo Social Media & Wojdylo Finance
- Contributor for Imassera News
- Past Contributor for TekPersona
- Have Appeared in Hangouts On Air Alongside Mark Traphagen, Jesse Wojdylo, Ronnie Bincer, Peter G. McDermott, J.C. Kendall (R.I.P.), Ray Hiltz, Melissa Carlson, Sarah Hill, DeAno Jackson, Adam Eyster, Yifat Cohen, Martin Shervington, Lee Smallwood, Meilani MacDonald, Sana Ahmed, and Others
- Known for Commentary, Analysis, and Reviews of Technology and Social Media Trends and Strategies.
- Florida Atlantic UniversityB.A. Psychology, 2012 - 2013
- Broward Community CollegeSoftware Application & Development, 2010 - 2011
- Florida Atlantic UniversityB.A. Psychology, 2005 - 2007
- Broward Community CollegeA.A. Psychology, 1998 - 2005
Motorola Moto X – Exploring The Features, Specs And Price
The Moto X is the first phone after the collaboration between Google and Motorola. As such, many people expected big things out of it. Let’s
Hulk Hogan on Google SEO changes for Small Business Adapt or Become Irre...
What has happened to SEO? No PageRank Update? No more Keywords? Hummingwhat? – Brought to you by www.steadydemand.com More importantly why a
Google Schools Apple's Design Team with Bezel-Free Device - AndroidPIT
Google and Motorola are developing the first bezel-free device´edge-to-edge device; exactly what Apple's lawyers said they wanted Android to
In my technology evangelism talk with +Eli Fennell , In this section:…
In my technology evangelism talk with +Eli Fennell , In this section: http://lnkd.in/dZetcY3 I talk about how the Product development cycle
Pandas and Penguins and Social Media (Oh My!) | Google Authorship is Hit...
Thoughts on Google Panda, Penguin and how it may affect Google Authorship. Read more in the Search Engine Academy blog.
Eli Fennell: [new Blog Post] Internet Marketing: From Magical Thinking T...
[new Blog Post] Internet Marketing: From Magical Thinking To Artistic Science By: Eli Fennell (@Eli_Fennell ) on 7:00 p.m. Sun, Jan 12...
What Is It About Public Holidays That Sends Brands a Little Crazy? | Goo...
“After all, social media marketing isn't like other forms of marketing, you're trying to reach an audience in places online which they frequ
Google Plus Post Search Ranking: Authority Matters
Recently I wrote “How Google Plus Profiles and Pages Gain Search Authority” for Search Engine Land. In that article I explained that Google+