Maybe Mark Z will hire him and give him a hug?
Maybe Mark Z will hire him and give him a hug?
I'm privileged to have the chance to to be the weekly show to follow up on this topic. The first panel discussion generated some interesting ideas, great quotes, and passionate responses from the audience. It will be interesting to see where the discussion leads this time. This is a controversial topic, but one worth tackling.
This week: Gender Roles - The Diversity Zone!!
See the original HOA, in case you missed it: http://bit.ly/1fZK61u
This week's show is a continuation of the topic "Gender Diversity" live streamed on March 13, 2014. We invited our original panel back along with a few new faces from our audience and community. This is a conversation you don't want to miss!
RSVP YES or MAYBE here on the event and you'll have a place holder so you can catch us live or watch the replay at your convenience!
Meet Our Guests This Week!!!
- She is a Behavioral Scientist and Clinician with 16 years of experience in mental health, behavioral science, and public health. She is the author of a very tongue-in-cheek relationship wellness blog, "YOU'RE JUST A DUMBASS", to help people select and maintain healthy relationships and avoid some of the difficult life lessons that one encounters in suboptimal relationships. On http://yourejustadumbass.com, she shares techniques that she developed to help clients with creating relationship wellness in their lives.
She is also the creator of http://playidealdate.com. She is developing this concept to offer people a unique approach to dating. What makes Play Ideal Date different is a mixed method matching system based on personalized attention and online dating! It is designed to be a modernized version of the "Dating Game" and appeared as an Official Google Hangout on Air during Social Media Week 2013 and was featured in Google Local NY's September 2013 Newsletter.
She holds an MSW from the University of Michigan and a BA from Hunter College. She has been featured on FOX, NBC, HuffPostLive, ABC, PR Newswire and Vista magazine.
- I am on Google Plus to engage and connect with the people behind the keyboards around the world. I get to share my experiences from my point of view so that those who it resonates with will hopefully share some of theirs. The multitude of uses for Google Plus are in large part what I find so fascinating and witnessing each persons creation, minute to minute is akin to seeing a micro-verse develop right before my eyes. I've had a successful blog, a blog-talk radio show, both very past tense...now, I simply enjoy the camaraderie and I get to promote people and businesses I believe in.
- I've lived in South Florida my whole life, and it would be hard for me to imagine living anywhere else. I was born to two wonderful parents who are still together after all these years and into a wonderful and supportive family that stuck together through all the trials we faced.
I'm an absolute technology geek. If software runs on it, I want to know about it. I've had many passions in my life, and nearly all of them have involved technology and science, but art, philosophy, and even a mystical streak also help define me. I can also geek out on stuff like Doctor Who, Sleepy Hollow, and Homeland. The geekery runs deep within me, but so does the artist and the dreamer.
I'm also an Elder Scrolls addict, 1/16th Ewok, half Vulcan, and three-quarters Irish potato stew. I love technology and how it changes our lives. There's something almost spiritual about how new technologies connect and empower us. And it's really cool, too.
I talk about Social Media Marketing, Technology, and assorted nerdishness and geekery, and occasionally try my hand (with some successes and some failures) at a bit of humor. I love to create conversations across my social networks, and to help others find their own voice through social media and social media marketing. I am available to help small businesses succeed at SEO & Social Media, and for I.T.
- My background is in education although I no longer work in a an educational environment. I spent fifteen years in primary schools until I decided that juggling three small children and a full time career was not what I wanted.
My perspective of life has been created from the experiences I have had travelling around the world and from my upbringing in a large family. I taught firstly in NZ and then in Inner City London schools for fifteen years. I loved teaching, crafting individuals to be responsible individuals who think for themselves and make informed decisions. As well as building a successful business with my husband, I am mummy to three small very active girls.
- Originally from the sunflower state of Kansas and a graduate of Kansas State University with an MBA, I have been in the marketing business for the past 10 years. I began in sports marketing but have really enjoyed the growth of digital marketing and analytics. I have worked with brands such as Coca-Cola, Subway, Shell and recently started a digital marketing consulting group called "Rojas Consulting" www.rojasconsulting.net .
I am a military wife to a Navy Chief, and a mother of a 7 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. I am a dog lover with a Golden Retriever and a Dachshund.
I am a third generation member of Jack and Jill of America, an organization made up of mothers of color and seeks to improve the opportunities of our and all children.
Call to action: We recently launched a new marketing program called Performance Based Marketing which guarantees that the client only pays for marketing that reaches the goals of the business. If you want to stop paying for marketing and praying for results, check us out at www.rojasconsulting.net
- December baby born and raised in Champaign,IL. I received a BS Degree in Political Science/Minor- Communications...Signed (2) NFL contracts, with NY Giants & Kansas City Chiefs...Spent (20yrs) in Indpls-IN where I worked (+3yrs) in the Health Care Industry as a Operations Director/Training Director for Bally's Scandinavian and (+3yrs) Operations Director/Head Therapist Aid/Training Director for Grastech Physical Therapy & Training Center...I then spent (14yrs) as a Trooper with the Indiana State Police/Indpls before relocating to Denver-CO to take a crack at Corporate Security as a Project Manager with US Security Associates (our client, Oracle)...I presently manage the Security Department for (3) different divisions, at (2) Oracle sites/properties in the Denver area...I am also the proud father of (2), Nick & Paige Boysaw.
is a mom to the loveliest little boy in the world and a wife to a rough, tough grizzly man from New Zealand. She is the co-founder of the Seven Sentence Blog and the creator and digital strategist behind "Woman at the Start" an online brand that works specifically with a diverse range of women who are starting businesses.
started a conversation that impacts the way women do business through REAL business coaching. Link arms with us to push past your limits and raise the life you’re creating! By supporting each other’s passions, we WILL make our world a better place. When we make our world better, we change our culture, and in turn change the way we treat each other in business.
We talk each week about topics that affect us as women, and yes the gentlemen are more than welcome!! Our focus is YOU! We want to promote you and what you need to grow your business or positively impact your life!
Thursdays @ 10am PST | 1pm EST
Want to learn how to drive a "buying' audience to your site? Learn with Ralf Kaiser : http://bit.ly/1g2nPNS
Did you miss our first ever workshop?? Sales "Funnel"mentals & Your Idea Client Profile http://bit.ly/1g7JMPs
Stop by our community and stay awhile! http://bit.ly/those4girls
Still, they nailed it.
Apparently I joined 3-years ago today. It's been a good 3-years. I know it may not be the biggest social network, and I've never connected to more than a handful of people on it, but I keep coming back and using it. Isn't that the definition of a good product, in the end?
Yes, I'm defending . Remember where you were when it happened.
See how brands such as and are using +Post ads to drive more participation with their brand’s content across the web.
Since 2013, however, Google has been revolutionizing email all over again. Last year, as part of the tightening integration between services via the Google+ social layer, Google added a feature to allow you to email people in your Circles without knowing their email address just by typing in their name and choosing their profile from the suggestions list. This was a step in the direction of solving a problem traditionally inherent to email: the need to know someone's exact email address to email them. In an era where you can type in a name in Facebook and likely find the person you're looking for, this weakness seems increasingly unacceptable.
Now Google is taking the next step by tying Gmail into Google+ photo backups. For Gmail users who already enabled autobackup (or use it from their PC), this finally may give them a reason to use Google+ Photos beyond a simple backup copy (one they may not even be aware exists).
More importantly, as points out, it solves a serious problem we've all experienced: how to get photos from your phone (or smart camera, tablet, etc...) to your desktop email with little to no friction (and as few additional steps as possible) from pointing and shooting to sharing from your browser-based desktop email service.
For many users, discovering this feature will likely be serendipitous, a happy accident of having their Google+ Photos set to autobackup and also using Gmail. These are the best types of solutions: they solve a problem in need of solving, and with minimal fanfare.
- Fennell Social MediaSocial Media Manager, 2013 - present
- FreelanceI.T. & Crowdsourcing, 2000 - presentAmazon Mechanical Turk Worker for Human Intelligence Tasks (HITs) Freelance I.T. Work
- Harbor 1 MarinaI.T. Administrator, 2002 - 2008Network Administration, File System Management, Cyber Security, Accounting, Maintenance and Deployment
- American Offshore MarinaI.T. Administrator, 2002 - 2008Network Administration, File System Management, Cyber Security, Accounting, Maintenance and Deployment
- University of Florida I.F.A.S.I.T. & A.V. Specialist, 2005 - 2007Network Administration, Maintenance and Deployment, Managing and Controlling Audiovisual Systems for Remote Learning Courses
- University of Florida I.F.A.S.Horticulture Research Assistant, 2007 - 2007Planting, Harvesting, and Measurements for Horticultural Research at the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences in Davie, Florida.
- Active User Since Beta
- In the Top 550 U.S. G+ Profiles according to CircleCount.com
- Contributor for Wojdylo Social Media & Wojdylo Finance
- Contributor for Imassera News
- Past Contributor for TekPersona
- Have Appeared in Hangouts On Air Alongside Mark Traphagen, Jesse Wojdylo, Ronnie Bincer, Peter G. McDermott, J.C. Kendall (R.I.P.), Ray Hiltz, Melissa Carlson, Sarah Hill, DeAno Jackson, Adam Eyster, Yifat Cohen, Martin Shervington, Lee Smallwood, Meilani MacDonald, Sana Ahmed, and Others
- Known for Commentary, Analysis, and Reviews of Technology and Social Media Trends and Strategies.
- Florida Atlantic UniversityB.A. Psychology, 2012 - 2013
- Broward Community CollegeSoftware Application & Development, 2010 - 2011
- Florida Atlantic UniversityB.A. Psychology, 2005 - 2007
- Broward Community CollegeA.A. Psychology, 1998 - 2005
Google updates Glass to Android KitKat, kills video calls before one-day...
On the eve of its one-day Glass sale, Google rolls out a bevy of features -- and rolls back an important one -- to its wearable headset that
Google may boost search ranking for HTTPS sites | ZDNet
Summary: A report indicates that the search giant may reward sites for encrypting traffic, but has made no decision.
Samsung calls on Android exec in patent trial to prove certain features ...
Samsung on Friday brought up VP of Android Engineering Hiroshi Lockheimer as its first witness in the second California Apple v. Samsung pat
Researchers Find Google Glass Can Help Parkinson's Patients
As rumors swirl about Google Glass finally being available to the public, the device is already being examined for use as a daily aid for pe
Massive flooding forces cancellation of Noah screening
A movie theater in Exeter, England was forced to cancel a screening of Noah, the Russell Crowe movie about an earth-destroying flood, after
With Cover Buy Twitter Joins Battle Of Android Homescreens
First there was Facebook Home, then Yahoo with Aviate and now Twitter with Cover. Cover is another Android launcher or intelligent homescree
We Hate Ourselves For Spending So Much Time On Facebook. So Why Do We Do...
A new study blames a classic affective forecasting error: we think we'll enjoy it more than we do. Now go share this on Facebook.
Matt Cutts: Not All Link Building Is Illegal (Or Even Bad)
Matt Cutts directly answers questions about various link building tactics and comments on how Google feels about them.
Anti-Tech Protesters Are Telling Kevin Rose’s Neighbors That He’s A “Par...
Google Ventures partner Kevin Rose says that his San Francisco home was visited by protesters today, who held up a banner calling "parasite"
Why Klout Had to Change — and Why You Shouldn't Count It Out
A look at how Klout is changing to recapture some of the early excitement and engagement the service generated.
It's Official: Klout Joins Lithium | The Klout Blog
As Klout takes the next step toward helping our users maximize their impact online, I believe that Lithium is the ideal partner. Together, w
'Android Silver' may help Google fix several big issues with one blow
Google may be working on improving the overall customer experience for Android handset buyers, Android Police has learned, by creating a new
If Men Had Their Period, Would Tampons in Your Office Be Free?
As Steven Tyler once said, "If men bled, tampons would be free."