NEW ELECTRICAL STUFF IS OUT!
Electrical Plan Review Booklet // by Cooper Bussmann
By reviewing this brochure, the Electrical Inspector, Electrical Contractor, Plan Examiner, Consulting Engineer and others will be able to:
Understand and discuss //
- The critical National Electrical Code® requirements regarding overcurrent protection.
- Short-circuit currents and the importance of overcurrent protection.
- Three ratings (voltage, ampere, and interrupting) of overcurrent protective devices.
- That the major sources of short-circuit currents are motors and generators.
- That transformers are NOT a source of short-circuit current.
- Calculation of short-circuit currents using the simple POINT-TO-POINT method and related charts.
- Current-limitation and use of let-through charts to determine the let-through current values (peak & RMS) when current-limiting overcurrent devices are used to protect electrical components.
- Series rated combinations and proper application of series rated combinations.
- Selective coordination of overcurrent protective devices.
- The meaning and importance of electrical terms commonly used relating to overcurrent protection.
- Maintenance, testing, resetting, and replacement requirements of overcurrent protective devices.