- Starfighters AerospaceDirector, Research Programs, 2015 - presentDeveloping new research-focused business opportunities for a commercial fleet of F-104 supersonic aircraft and other aircraft based at Kennedy Space Center. Also responsible for federal and state permitting and policy coordination to enable the new commercial uses for the former military jets.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical UniversityDirector, Aerospace Development / Policy Analyst, 2006 - 2014Developed dozens of aerospace/aviation research projects and collaborations (worth millions of dollars) with government and corporate partners. Led space-focused marketing, proposal development, government affairs, public affairs and corporate relations. Served as a policy expert to media and external stakeholders. Spearheaded push for new space-focused degree program.
- Florida Space Research InstituteDirector, Policy & Program Development, 2001 - 2006Started-up this state-sponsored research institute to foster R&D expansion with industry and government stakeholders. Managed interface with government/industry/university partners. Led strategic/policy planning, promotions, budget preparation, project management, and public/media affairs. Cultivated relationships with industry to fulfill legislative mandates for FSRI’s programs.
- Spaceport Florida AuthorityDirector, Policy & Program Development, 1990 - 2001Relocated from Tallahassee to startup nation’s first spaceport authority. Managed launch and space industry development projects; statewide space industry recruitment; strategic and budget planning; research/education programs; contracts and proposal development; and annual reporting. Managed extensive coordination with governments, news media, academic and industry partners.
- Florida Department of CommerceEconomist, 1985 - 1990Advanced from speechwriter intern, to full-time staff in Communications Office, to economist in newly established Office of Space Programs, Bureau of Economic Analysis. Responsible for space industry economic and policy analysis and promotion. Served as staff (including final report development) for Governor’s Commission on Space. Supported feasibility study and legislative creation of Spaceport Florida Authority. Moved to Central Florida to start-up Spaceport Florida Authority.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical UniversityBusiness Management, 2015
- Florida State UniversityCommunications
- Ft. Walton Beach High School
Q&A with Edward Ellegood, ERAU space policy analyst - Business
The latest technology news from The Daytona Beach News-Journal, your hometown newspaper.
Light by Moore’sCloud is beautiful, intelligent and connected! | Home Chunk
After the LIFX Wi-Fi enabled multicolored LED light bulb and the open-source Wi-Fi enabled Visualight bulb by Leif Percifield, we now have t
LightSquared names Doug Smith as new CEO, promises to fight to launch LT...
Troubled wireless provider LightSquared has no clear path to delivering LTE service in the U.S., but the company has appointed Doug Smith as
To Fix America's Education Bureaucracy, We Need to Destroy It
Successful schools don't have a formula, other than that teachers and principals are free to follow their instincts.
Obama Wants to Move NOAA to the Interior Department
Read about President Obama's plan to reorganize part of the U.S. Government, particularly the Department of Commerce. He wants to move the
Amateur Rocket Launch Reaches 121000 Feet ~ Damn Cool Pictures
skip to main | skip to sidebar. Home. Damn Cool Pictures. Home; Cool. Cool Pics; Cool Videos. Funny. Funny Pics; Funny Videos; Fail Humor; F
White House Petition: Reallocate Defense funds to NASA. Please Sign. : s...
reddit: the front page of the internet