Most of you have probably heard of the #Hovding
, the inflatable bike helmet that acts as an airbag. But, have you heard of these other creative bike safety gadgets. What else should be added to the list?
1. The Hovding Bike Helment: an Airbag for Bicyclists - Preliminary tests show that it may be three times as effective as a standard bicycle helmet.
2. See.Sense: the Intelligent Bike Light—The state-of-the-art See.Sense. bike light contains sensors that react to nearby light levels and movement.
3. The Xfire Bike Lane light: Bicycle Lanes Made of Lasers—
4. The "Loud Bicycle" Horn— At 112 decibels, this two-toned horn sounds almost identical to a car's horn.
5. BikeSpike: Track Your Bike on Your Phone—The BikeSpike device is attached to a bike's frame and allows you to track the bike's location on your smartphone.
6. The Atom: Have Important Devices on Bike Trips- The Atom is a USB battery pack that harnesses the energy created by pedaling to charge your electrical devices, such as a bike light or cell phone.