Twenty years later, the affable and intensely intelligent Russian emigre finds himself PayPal‘s vice president of growth, corporate strategy and special ops.
Here's his story.
–Vinod Khosla, founder of Khosla Ventures
- VentureBeatExecutive Editor, 2011 - present
- WiredSenior Editor, 2007 - 2011
- PC MagazineEditorial Director, PCMagCast, 2006 - 2007
- Future NetworkExecutive Editor, Mobile Magazine, 2003 - 2005
I have worked at four content startups (including my current job) and several established national magazines, covering technology, business, and science. The work I’ve enjoyed the most has involved creating new editorial products to inform and entertain readers on complicated topics of wide-reaching importance.
At VentureBeat, my job is to lead the news team, hire outstanding talent, set ambitious goals for them, and get out of their way. My own goal is to build VentureBeat into the #1 online news magazine for business and technology.
- Williams CollegeReligion, 1991
- University of California, Santa BarbaraReligious Studies, 1995