Bio for Chef Dwight E Lewis
Chef Dwight E. Lewis Sr. is married to the beautiful Tina Harris-Lewis, the father of 11 adult children and 32 grandchildren. He was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio and attended school at Belmont High School. He is a veteran of the U.S.Army. Chef Dwight has a passion for food. He loves everything about food, from cooking and eating it to discovering new and innovated ways to stimulate the taste buds of the people he cooks for. He allows for the creative flair in the kitchen to speak for him in his meals. He is the Owner/Chef of the Poetry Place Catering Company, he also is an accomplished public and motivational speaker who teaches and speaks about life lessons learned through food. He is currently writing a book entitled the “Recipes of Life”, and there are plans to open a BBQ restaurant and Coffee Cafe. His passions outside of cooking are mentoring young men and women who have gotten in trouble with the law, as well as those who desire to rise up out of situations that are normally defeating them. He is an ordained Elder, and has founded a non profit corporation "Men Who Pray Ministries". He learned to cook at an early age while living with his parents and siblings of which he is the eldest child. The love of people and food blend together to create a tapestry of comfort and hospitality which defines this chef, who is called ‘The Anointed Chef’ by his close friends and family.
- Gwinnett technical collegeCulinary Arts, 2014 - 2016Certified Chefs Training
- Gwinnett Technical CollegeHotel, Restaurant, Tourism Management, 2016 - 2017Hospitality Management
- Belmont High School Dayton, Ohio1976 - 1979
- Lewis Family of Companies,CEO, presentWe are a family of different and diverse companies.
- Poetry Place CateringChef/Owner, presentCaterers of a variety of cuisines with a emphasis on locally sourced goods, meats, and vegetables. Our specialty is what you want to eat.
- Atlanta Athletic ClubBroiler Chef, present