Will March come in like a lion or a lamb? Either way you can enjoy it in a raindrop spattered rose or a calm water lily or even a spectacular Panama City Beach sunset on your desktop or as your phone home or lock screens. For most laptops and other 9x16 or...
For my birthday in January, I was given a beautiful bouquet of purple orchids. They can grace your phone or computer as wallpaper (download yours from my blog) but today I wanted to share them for #floralfriday with because right now there are few flowers outside, even here in Florida! And not many nearly so lovely. And flowers always brighten ones day!
#orchids #purplecircle #drustefanstone
What makes you feel alive? What waters your soul? Do you take care to do that often? Have you found that secret something or someone who speaks softly to you? who whispers to your heart? Take time to water your soul and feel alive.
#macromonday with and
Three Things that You May not Know About Me as a Photographer
1. My photography began as a starting point for my pastel drawings and oil paintings. The other half was for recording family history and events and building memories. I still use it for both to this day. BUT it has become a more serious venture all its own.
2. I have very little photography equipment. Sometimes I lament that I have only two lenses but it makes me stretch myself as a photographer and it leaves little decision-making necessary and while a tripod is part of my equipment it rarely comes out of its bag. (I too hate the tripod's limitations Nathan.)
3. I'm not in search of the "perfectly executed technical photograph" but for the photograph that will provoke a response, leave an impression, and one that emanates with emotive elements. It is what I choose to emphasize and is the force or intensity which I want oozing from my work. It is an idea that gathers its existence from sharpness, blur, clarity, shape, line, value, texture, balance, emphasis, space, movement, composition and/or color; not technical perfection. I want people to immerse themselves in the frame and take something away that makes a difference in their life; generally of the positive nature. I hope it makes people stop at that single frame to let it speak to their heart to find out how it moves them. Those small snippets of our world that we so often just walk by and never bother to pay attention to, are the bits that are my lifeblood, the pieces that give me energy and hold my wishes and dreams. They are the things that make me see and feel the world in the way that makes life just a little bit better.
Those are the three things that you might not have known about me and photography, what’s yours?
#questionsandanswers #pinkcircle #drustefanstone #threethingsyoudontknowaboutmeasaphotographer
We all begin with a blank canvas; what we do with it depends on us. Color your world. Think about it, what does color your world? Is it a thing of beauty? Is it colored with all the subtleties of a path well lived? Is it glorious? One little brushstroke can make all the difference. Just remember, it's a wonderful life!
#drustefanstone #PanamaCityBeachsunset #PanamaCityBeach #sunset
- self-employedArt and Photography, present
Living a creative life
Adventurous and confident
Always found with a smile
Positive and determined
Living life with passion
I am an artist and photographer who has a love affair with color and people finding them to be interesting, fascinating and the best means to create evocative drawings or photographs.
I have trained my eyes to see and my heart to be alive with expression.
I was born in Hartford, WI, the twelfth of thirteen children, graduated Cum Laude from UW-Whitewater with a BAE in Art and teacher certification. It feels good to have successfully raised my family, including homeschooling them until they attended college.
In 2004, I resumed
working more intimately with my art and photography, I was privileged to have
several solo gallery shows and have completed commissioned pastel work. I work
with pastels and oil paints and enjoy making fine art, portrait, and lifestyle
photography. I hold a variety of
photography workshops, called “Meet Your World.”
My limited edition fine art prints and original pastels are for sale and I am always booking location portrait and lifestyle sessions and open to commissioned work. Currently I am putting together my first inspirational photography book.
I believe, when you immerse yourself in art it transcends all barriers. Art in its truest form is an expression of emotions and impressions and leads those who appreciate it on the path to reflect upon and be inspired by their own interactions within life.All work is for sale and all offers considered.
I'm involved in
Public Circles Project
Google+ users I recommend:
Levi Moore- He has been innovative in suggesting new uses for photographers using G+ and getting them together in new ways.
Jeff Smith- Has been working with Levi and started the Selfy Sunday Project, which I highly recommend becoming involved in.
The spunky talented Lotus Carroll has to be on here!
Learn about the Public Circles Project
Daily Photography Themes! Join in.
- UW WhitewaterArt, 1974 - 1978