Earlier today, Aiken County Councilwoman Kathy Rawls left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party!
Councilwoman Rawls has served since 1988. In her remarks today she said, "The Democratic Party left me when they became more and more liberal, no longer reflecting my values and beliefs."
I couldn't have said it better myself. South Carolina Democrats are out of touch with South Carolina values. They'll stop at nothing to infringe on our liberties and cede every family's decisions to Washington.
- SC Republican PartyDistrict Chairman, 4 - presentElected Republican Party District Chairman for South Carolina's 5th Congressional District
- TruVistaCommunications, 2 - presentResponsibilities include external communications and marketing, maintenance of web pages, creating prototypes and implementing new internet and intranet web pages, working with various departments to develop page concepts and content. Utilizing new web tools/applications in order to incorporate new features into the companies various internal and external web sites. Database management and implementation used in the development of dynamic websites. Create content and promotions for the two internet newsletters. Create, maintain and schedule video content for two local cable channels. Responsible for all photography used in the company’s business magazine (Vista Connections) and other creative tasks as needed. Manage web hosting services and serve as tech support when needed. Job Responsibilities: Web Design, Graphic Design, Video Production, Social Media Management, Marketing, Tech Support
- U.S. Congressman Charlie Norwood, Dole/Kemp For President,Finley For City Council, Feldkamp For U.S. Congress, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, InterNET Services CorporationFied Representative, 7 - 12Organized and planned both large and small fundraising events. Notable among these events were U.S. Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, Newt Gingrich (Attendance of over 600 people) & Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee Congressman Henry Hyde. Responsible for briefing Congressman Norwood on all National, State and Local issues that were prominent issues within his Congressional District. Managed and conducted all political organizations in the Congressional District. Developed and maintained the supporter database that tracks and records all donations from both individuals and Political Action committees.
- Jim Feldkamp For US CongressCommunications Director & Deputy Campaign Manager, 4 - 11Responsible for all campaign communications including, but not limited to, all printed materials, website content, published voter guides, newsletters, candidate speeches and numerous other campaign related communications. Created and designed an innovative campaign website that received positive reviews from both voters and media alike. Effectively generated earned media opportunities for a conservative candidate in a state known for its liberal political beliefs. This was accomplished by building strong relationships with journalists and media outlets across the state. Mainstream media often choose not to cover many campaign issues. By utilizing non tradition communication outlets, such as internet blog sites, I was successful in persuading the main stream media to cover many of these issues. Through e-mail and a weekly electronic newsletter, the campaign effectively communicated with financial and political supporters. Campaign Newsletters were available in an html e-mail, or as a PDF file on the Campaign Website). As Deputy Campaign Manager, I was involved in all major campaign decisions, in addition to, my duties as Communications Director. Job Responsibilities: media relations, political organization, letter to the editor campaigns, writing of all content for the website & campaign literature, writing of all candidate speeches and talking points (including opening & closing statements for all debates & forums), preparing the candidate for all interviews and political debates, writing of all candidate positions for media voter guides, writing and distribution of all press releases & media advisories issued by the campaign, campaign spokesman when candidate was not available.
- InterNET Services CorporationConvention Services and VIP coordinator, 2 - 5Responsible for contracting and organizing speakers and entertainment for 12 to 15 shows every year throughout the United States. This included all contracts and special circumstances. Coordinated all travel needs for event speakers and entertainers by managing a large group of volunteers who picked up and dropped off personnel through my direction. Prime contact for all hotel issues for each convention in addition to organizing all room blocks prior to the event. Also, responsible for writing stage introductions for all speakers and performing celebrities.
- SC Educational TVIntern, 7 - 11Assisted in all aspects of producing SCETV’s new weekly public affairs program entitled Stateline. During the show's taping, I ran a teleprompter along with other responsibilities. Assisted with all political debates, many of which aired on both ETV and local stations in South Carolina. ELECTION NIGHT: Responsible for the taping and editing of CNN News Source which was subsequently aired on the live election night show.
- Dole For President of the USOffice Manager/Advance, 8 - 11Managed the South Carolina primary office. Responsible for media relations and polling. Representing the campaign in the field, and in some instances, the press. Advance for candidate visits in other states during which the campaign would fly me in before an event to make sure the event, or campaign stop, ran smoothly. Duties including audio video needs, media relations and political issues.
1992-1995: SC House of Representatives / South Carolina Senate - Page
1995: Graduated from the University of South Carolina
Bachelor Degree: Major: Political Science / Minor History
Activities: Sigma Nu Fraternity: Delta Chapter
University of South Carolina College Republicans
2006: Campaign Manager, Kirkman Finley for City Council Johnson Communications (Freelance Public Affairs) Worked closely with Tony Denny, Denny Public Affairs on several projects. Such as, the Fort Mill Hospital Certificate of Need campaign - lobbying DEHEC (Hospital Partners of America) Communications Director & Deputy Campaign Manager, Feldcamp for Congress (Oregon – 4th District) Lost 62.23% to 37.59% to long time incumbent Congressman DeFazio.
2008: Elected- Delegate to the Republican National Convention (SC 5th District) (St Paul, Minnesota)Co- Chairman, Victory - Chester County.Glenn McCall for National Committeeman, Key adviser/campaigner/ organizer on Glenn McCall successful campaign
2009: Vice Chairman, Chester County Republican Party, Chairman, Piedmont Young Republicans Elected National Delegate Federation of YR National Convention, Ambassador, Chester County Chamber of Commerce. Karen Floyd For SCGOP Chairman, Key adviser/campaigner and spokesman across South Carolina playing a key role in Karen being elected the first SCGOP Chairman
- Chairman, Barrett for Governor - SC - Chester Cty
- Chairman, SCGOP - Victory - Chester Cty
- Chairman, Mulvaney For Congress - Chester Cty
- (2011) Elected Chairman of the Chester County Republican Party.
- Elected, Republican Chairman of South Carolina's 5th Congressional District
- Elected, Delegate to the 2012 Republican National Convention
- Appointed Victory Chairman for SC 5th District
In 1995, I graduated from the University of South Carolina (BA Political Science/Minor History/International studies). In 2002, I graduated from the Carolina School of Broadcasting (Charlotte, N.C.) (Technical aspects of radio and television production).
In 1995 I accepted my first full- time staff position on a political campaign. The campaign was Dole / Kemp for President of the United States (1995). While with Dole/Kemp I served as Office Manager and later traveled the country doing Advance for both, Bob and Elizabeth Dole.
1997-1999: I served as Political Aid to United States Congressman Charlie Norwood (GA-10-Augusta, Georgia). From 2000 through January of 2006 I worked in Sales at BCBS of South Carolina, South Carolina Republican Party (2000 Cycle) and InterNET Services Corporation (Corporate Large Event Planning).
In 2006 I accepted the position of Campaign Manager for Kirkman Finley for City Council (Columbia, S.C.) Kirkman easily won election to the Columbia, S.C. City Council. He narrowly lost the 2010 Columbia Mayors Race.
In April of 2006 I accepted the position of Communications Director & Deputy Campaign Manager for Jim Feldcamp for U.S. Congress (Eugene, Oregon OR-4).
Currently, I serve as a Special Products Specialist for TruVista Communications. My responsibilities include, but are not limited to, internal and external communications and marketing such as maintenance of web pages, assuring all pages are referenced and properly linked, creating prototypes and implementing new internet and intranet web pages. I also work with various departments to develop page concepts and content utilizing new web tools/applications in order to incorporate new features into the companies various internal and external web sites database management and implementation used in the development of dynamic websites. I create content and promotions for the company’s internet newsletter and maintain / schedule video content for our local cable channels. Manage TruVista’s Local Content Cable Television Station. This includes serving as Executive Producer for our Local News Show, Kit Frazer: Cooking and Gardening Show, Local Sports, Religious Programming and TruVista’s Cross Channel Advertising. Other duties include photography, story ideas and approval for the company’s business magazine (Vista Connections) management of TruVista’s presence on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms. This includes the development of Facebook applications and the integration of Facebook with the company’s business website and web portal.
Places I have worked: U.S. Congressman Charlie Norwood, Dole / Kemp For President, Finley For City Council, Feldkamp For U.S. Congress, South Carolina Educational Television, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, InterNET Services Corporation and TruVista
Interests - Skills
Reading: History, Current Events - Newspapers & magazines. Political activism -local, state and federal politics, issues & campaigns, Communications: Writing/blogging, photography, web design/ graphics, social media. I have a great deal of experience in both traditional and new media. My knowledge ranges from basic communications to complex web strategies to get the most exposure for a company, candidate or issue. This includes all social media outlets such as, Facebook and Twitter.
Places I've lived
(Eugene, OR) (Columbia,SC) (Roanoke,VA) (Augusta,GA)(Charlotte, NC)
Companies I've worked for U.S. Congressman Charlie Norwood, Dole/Kemp For President,Finley For City Council, Feldkamp For U.S. Congress, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, InterNET Services Corporation
University of South Carolina, Carolina School of Broadcasting, Fort Mill High School
- University of South Carolina, Carolina School of Broadcasting, Fort Mill High School1995