- ComcastAnti-Spam Software Engineer, 2013 - presentI'm on the team that is responsible for keeping email flowing to (and the spam out of) our 30 million customer mailboxes. My specific contributions are application development in Node.js and OpenStack to analyze false positives.
- Independent ConsultantSoftware Engineer, 2013 - present- At Ascentive, I am reprising my role and working on infrastructure and metrics. Currently using Zend, jQuery, and Highcharts to create a graphing system which shows sales metrics and call metrics for the entire sales force. Also assisting other programmers with adding more structure to the overall application. - In addition to working at my day job, I am currently working for a stealth startup. Responsible for using AWS technologoies to manage code deployments, scale up load, and assist programmers with architectural decisions.
- LeadnomicsPrincipal Software Engineer, 2012 - 2013- Researched the AWS Elastic Map Reduce product and used it to build a Hive cluster running on top of Hadoop. Created a messagebased system so multiple machines could concurrently import data into Hive for business analysis purposes. - Evaluated Vagrant and began using it for development purposes and for testing out Chef recipes. Created Chef recipes that could be used to build development machines. - Contributed to LeadEngine, our node.jsbased system for auctioning hundreds of leads in real time to multiple buyers.
- CliqSearch.comPrincipal Software Engineer, 2010 - 2012
- National A-1Senior Software Engineer, 2005 - 2010
- Symantec CorporationSoftware Engineer, 2004 - 2005
- TurnTide (purchased by Symantec for $28 M)Software Engineer, 2004 - 2004
- Ascentive LLCSoftware Engineer, 2001 - 2004
- Renaissance IntegrationSoftware Engineer, 1998 - 2001
Introducing Diceware: Secure Passwords You Can Remember!
In general, the longer the password, and the more random it is, the more secure it is. This is because if a password file is stolen, the pas
Anthrocon 2015 Conbook Seeking Artwork and Stories
Attention artists and writers! ANTHROCON 2015 is currently seeking submissions of artwork, stories, photography, poetry, and articles for it
Notes from February 2015 Philly DevOps Meetup: Security Practices for De...
Sense. This picture makes none. As a service to the Philly tech community (and because folks asked), I took notes at tonight's presentation,
When to begin reserving your 2015 hotel rooms (including Westin suites)
General hotel reservations will begin on Monday, February 2, 2015, at 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. ; All hotel rooms must be reserved thr