Anti-Spam Software Engineer, 2013 - present
I'm on the team that is responsible for keeping email flowing to (and the spam out of) our 30 million customer mailboxes.
My specific contributions are application development in Node.js and OpenStack to analyze false positives.
Software Engineer, 2013 - present
- At Ascentive, I am reprising my role and working on infrastructure and metrics. Currently using Zend, jQuery, and Highcharts to create a graphing system which shows sales metrics and call metrics for the entire sales force. Also assisting other programmers with adding more structure to the overall application.
- In addition to working at my day job, I am currently working for a stealth startup. Responsible for using AWS technologoies to manage code deployments, scale up load, and assist programmers with architectural decisions.
Principal Software Engineer, 2012 - 2013
- Researched the AWS Elastic Map Reduce product and used it to build a Hive cluster
running on top of Hadoop. Created a messagebased system so multiple machines
could concurrently import data into Hive for business analysis purposes.
- Evaluated Vagrant and began using it for development purposes and for testing out Chef
recipes. Created Chef recipes that could be used to build development machines.
- Contributed to LeadEngine, our node.jsbased system for auctioning hundreds of leads in
real time to multiple buyers.
Principal Software Engineer, 2010 - 2012
Senior Software Engineer, 2005 - 2010
Software Engineer, 2004 - 2005
TurnTide (purchased by Symantec for $28 M)
Software Engineer, 2004 - 2004
Software Engineer, 2001 - 2004
Software Engineer, 1998 - 2001