A reminder from Jack Rosenberry that Monday is the deadline for submissions (plus he is looking for reviewers): The deadline for the call for the special AEJMC Presidential Initiative in
partnership with The Kettering Foundation for research on the theme o...
SPJ has formed a community journalism group , led by our own Al Cross. From the SPJ story: This community is going to examine issues surrounding journalists in
urban, rural and suburban communities, helping community journalists and
gain strength from oth...
- University of South Carolina, Journalism SchoolSenior Instructor, 2001 - presentKiplinger Fellow in Public Affairs Reporting, lecturer teaching broadcast journalism.
- Associated PressManaging Corres. or News Editor, 1992 - 2001Ran Providence, R.I., office and the newsroom in Columbia, S.C. Among other things, scored numerous beats on R.I. corruption, led coverage of the Susan Smith case as well as coverage of numerous hurricanes, the first woman at The Citadel and the lowering of the Confederate flag from the S.C. Statehouse dome.
- Associated PressCorrespondent, 1983 - 1992Columbia desk and shift supervisor, promoted to Dayton correspondent. Specialized in business and agriculture.
- Ohio State UniveisityKiplinger Fellow/Lecturer, 1981 - 1983Lecturer teaching broadcast journalism.
- Fort Wayne Journal Gazettereporter, 1979 - 1981Specialized in urban affairs, business, transportation. Also covered public safety and did investigative reporting (scoring major breaks, for instance, on the Vernon Jordan shooting).
- WPTA-TVAssignment editor, anchor, reporter, 1978 - 1979
- WOWO RadioReporter, anchor, 1975 - 1978General and investigative reporting. Won San Francisco State award for uncovering abuses in national revenue sharing program. Nominated for Peabody (series is in its archives).
Also, executive editor of The Convergence Newsletter.
- Ohio State UniversityKiplinger Fellow - Journalism, 1981 - 1982
- Indiana UniversityEconomics, political science, astrophysics, 1971 - 1975
More digital disruption ahead for mainstream news groups, says survey
Reuters Institute's annual report predicts revolutionary changes
» Students are tired of hearing there’s never been a better time to be a...
Students are tired of hearing there's never been a better time to be a journalist. Kyle Clauss writes: “My roommate [Alex Reimer] and I are
Seth's Blog: Copyediting, line editing and the other kind
The copyeditor will fix a misstated fact, spot a typo and get your prose clean. The line editor will rearrange a paragraph and help you orga
Study shows isolation may lead to corrupt state capitals
What makes some state capitals so much more corrupt than others? New research provides a partial answer to that long-standing question: isol
Learning Curve: How College Graduates Solve Information Problems Once Th...
2012 report from Project Information Literacy on the mismatch between college graduates' research skills and employer needs.
Thomas J. Bardin Jr. Obituary: View Thomas Bardin's Obituary by The State
Online obituary for Thomas Bardin. Read Thomas Bardin’s life story, offer tributes/condolences, send flowers or create a Thomas Bardin onlin
Industry metrics: Is it time to say goodbye to the pageview?
The changing landscape means newspapers basically are start-up companies, pioneers and inventors full of fresh ideas. The Press-Enterprise t
What rapid changes in U.S. newspapers in past 30 days mean to us all
Ownership changes and print reduction schedules in the United States are the latest developments in the slow-motion transition of the newspa
How to Optimize Your Headlines for Google and Humans
Google and SEO may make you cringe, but the combo matters in search. Here are SEO examples from news outlets that range from bad to best.
Warren Buffett’s letter his editors and publishers |
Warren Buffett's letter his editors and publishers. Warren Buffett's letter to his newspaper editors and publishers (via Omaha.com):
BBC Future Media director outlines connected media strategy
BBC Future Media director Ralph Rivera, in a speech to the BBC's online staff, says digital media is still basically being used as a dis
Beware Best Practices, They Can Kill Productivity, Innovation and Growth...
The Best-Selling Cars Of 2011. Investing. Advisor Network; Bonds; Commodities & Currencies; ETFs; International; Intelligent Investing.