- Will listen to stakeholders, respond to their questions, and present the product/solution in a way that shows how it solves their problems
- Will get in the trenches with the technical team and hold my own: be it in infrastructure design, support and disaster recovery, or in reviewing code and geeking out on efficiency and logic scenarios
- Will sit across the table from the marketing folks and sustain a discussion on how to brand and bring a concept to the market
- Fitchburg State UniversityMSc., Communication, 2005
- Fitchburg State CollegeBSc., Multimedia, 2002
- Universite Louis PasteurDU Audiovisuel, 1998
- Alliance FrancaiseDiplome de la Langue Francaise, 1995
- Lenana SchoolKCSE, 1993
- St. Mary's MosochoKCPE, 1989
- Harvard UniversityCloud & DevOps Engineer, 2013 - presentExplanation of complex applications, architectures, and solutions in relatable terms for each audience, to facilitate decision making with regard to context and team, group, and larger business goals and priorities.Working with Developers to automate and accelerate the testing, release and deployment of applications into a runtime environment quickly and reliably (Infrastructure-as-code); I have deep experience and Amazon Certifications in Architecture, and Systems and Operations.
- iDonny, LLCWeb Systems Support, 2006 - 2014For 8 years, focused on Web CMS Development, hosting, and end-to-end maintenance for clients including: CBI, Bullhorn Inc., Tickets for Charity, One to One Interactive, IBM, Uconn Law, SAA, ISC, Kerio Systems, Cramer Interactive, and more.
- Sybase Inc.Web CMS & CRM Specialist, 1999 - 2004
- Biscom, Inc.Web Production Manager, 2004 - 2005
- Wandrian, Inc.Sr. Web Developer, 2005 - 2006
- Bullhorn Inc.CMS Devt. & Maintenance [consultant], 2010 - 2012
- Harvard UniversityWeb Developer, 2012 - 2013
Does this signal the end of companies that for so long made their money from selling us SSL certs for lots of money (sometimes $100s)?
Here is a an ever growing playlist of the courses that I am working through that match the theme and focus of this collection. Productivity, and living on purpose.
#career #productivity #gtd
Been using #CreationPolicy and #UpdatePolicy attributes along with #cfn-signal messaging to coordinate and precisely time and serialize resource creation in Cloudformation.
Much as I have periodically called the 'aws cloudformation signal-resource' to release a stuck process during development, I now want to use it to choreograph disparate systems and even prompt humans to determine the way a stack builds depending on the number and type of signals a #cloudformation stack receives.
Now, this Lake Malawi in East Africa, I need to unlock it, some day. Time to check if I've accumulated total of 50 miles to date, blame the weather, for now!
Granted there are other issues such as the lack of stickiness or session headers (not http/s), and the way the client handles transactions, but I am wishing and hoping that changing the setting might move us ahead towards a solution.
I did not make too much noise about it because I was ill-prepared and was a little worried that I might miss it. I easily made it through a test exam last night and got some confidence to work through the real thing mid-morning.
I could revisit the Architecture Professional exam that I failed at re:invent with 62%, or I could move on to less AWS-specific skills like mastering Chef and Python... I think I will 'get back on that horse' (Professional Architect) as I start exploring Chef, Python, and maybe (big maybe) a venture into RedHat certifications... or Azure!! who knows?
#devops #career #AWS #certification
Exam Requirements - AWS Certified Developer Associate Level
Learn how to properly design and deploy secure and reliable applications on the Amazon cloud using key AWS services, through AWS SDKs.
A smart, virtual wallet for in-store and online shopping – Google Wallet
Introducing Google Wallet - a smart, virtual wallet that saves you time and money. With the Google Wallet mobile app, you can make your phon
Introducing Sub Tasks | Teamwork Project Management
This month our headline feature, as with gantt charts (released last month), is something which has been requested time and time again. Thro
5 PHP Security Measures | Web development blog, news and tutorials - Dev...
For many years, PHP has been a stable, inexpensive platform on which to operate web-based applications. Like most web-based platforms, PHP i
Difficult Client-Types And How To Deal With Them Pt. 2 | Some Design Blog
This is the second installment in a series that explores some of the tougher-to-deal-with personalities that we encounter as clients, how to