Ok PLN friends - had to share. Pls be kind with any comments esp if on Forbes ? :)and anyone else I am forgetting..of course as Laura always says, support could be a PLN but many don't know what one is...
12 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 27 previous comments
- I think I have always been confused about that. I think of them all as one system, probably because of the news in the past about the Cal State system and misunderstanding the relationship, which I thought direct. So I thought One was for everyone (good name choice!) I've seen the Cal State site and often use the links that are there - you've done an amazing job. And of course Michelle's humanizing the online classroom is amazing! Dr Michelle hope you will visit my class room sometime :)Jul 21, 2015
- Let's get it on the calendar!Jul 21, 2015
- I can assure you that the majority of the California voting population doesn't get it either.Jul 21, 2015
- I didn't "get it" until after I started teaching for Cal State. No idea about the size or breadth or "original intent" of the systems and didn't care. "Why doesn't everybody near Monterey just go to UC Santa Cruz? That's a state school, isn't it..."Jul 21, 2015
- NEW & RELATED (I don't get to say both very often): Looks like a new Davidson-edX effort to capture some of the AP market is going to support teachers, too:
"For Davidson Next to succeed, however, the college needs to get the modules into the hands of teachers. The college is working with school systems as well as tapping into the College Board’s network to spread awareness about the modules, a spokeswoman said. Davidson Next will also offer an introductory MOOC for AP teachers."
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/07/22/davidson-college-launches-advanced-placement-test-preparation-modulesJul 22, 2015
- This is good to see! Piggybacks the Atlantic article a few weeks ago about the number of educators using MOOCs for their own PD...interesting! The Accidental Power of MOOCs (though of course in the case you mention it is not accidental....) http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/06/the-secret-power-of-moocs/396608/Jul 26, 2015
Add a comment...