- US NavyCommanding Officer, 1993 - presentCommanding Officer of a selectively staffed joint-service reserve combat logistics unit. Specialties/qualifications include Expeditionary Combat Logistics, Anti-Terrorism (including cyber and physical force protection), Communications/Intelligence, and Naval Aviation. Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance held.
- Kinetic SocialCEO & Co-Founder, 2010 - presentCo-founder & CEO of Kinetic Social, a social data technology company. Have led Kinetic from its launch through its emergence as a clear leader in the industry today.
- EpicAdsCEO, 2008 - 2010CEO of EpicAds from 2008 to 2010, an ad network backed by TA Associates and Stripes Group. EpicAds grew from $65 million to $200 million in annual revenue before being merged with Connexus Corporation (Oak Capital Partners, Insight Venture Partners and Idealab).
- EpicAdsCOO, 2006 - 2007COO of EpicAds (formerly, AzoogleAds) from 2006 to 2007, an ad network backed by TA Associates and Stripes Group.
- EpicAdsSVP, Technology, 2005 - 2006SVP, Technology of EpicAds (formerly, AzoogleAds) from 2005 to 2006, an ad network backed by TA Associates and Stripes Group.
- AlixPartners LLPVice President, 2003 - 2005Turnaround & operational restructuring adviser, with an emphasis on performance improvement.
- JPMorgan Capital PartnersVice President, 2001 - 2003Private Equity firm based in NYC.
- Small World SportsCOO, 1999 - 2001Chief Operating Officer of the online fantasy sports company Small World Sports (backed by Flatiron Partners, Chase Capital Partners and NBC). During tenure as COO, oversaw the development of Small World’s sites into the top rank of all web properties, and helped sell the company to The Sporting News (Paul Allen’s Vulcan Ventures).
- McKinsey & CompanySenior Associate, 1997 - 1999Strategy consultant.
- Harvard Business School1998
- Vassar CollegeAsian Studies, 1990
Succeeding with the Reach & Frequency Tool - Kinetic Social
By Matt Grierson, Product Manager One of the most important aspects of advertising is being able to accurately plan and predict the delivery
Connected homes can be easy targets for hackers, says cybersecurity firm
Security-as-a-Service provider Synack tested more than a dozen connected-home devices and found that nearly all could be breached without mu
The US Navy Is Building Precision Laser Weapons | The National Interest ...
Lasers and directed-energy weapons are virtually certain to play a large role in protecting America's surface fleet.
Are Submarines About to Become Obsolete? | The National Interest
America and others have "sunk" trillions of dollars into advanced submarines. They could simply become the next battleship.
My Bloody Valentine: The 5 Messiest Breakups in History | The National I...
They are never, ever, ever getting back together. Like, ever.
5 Options for Attribution Modeling with Analytics Engines (Social Wrap U...
1. Traditionally, marketers have relied on one specific model, “last click,” because that was all that was readily available to us. Today, h
Facebook continues its Conquest of the Digitial Ad World - Kinetic Social
by Don Mathis, Kinetic CEO As we move into 2015, few observers fully understand Facebook’s ongoing evolution from a social media network int
'Six Iranians, including a general, killed in Israeli strike' | The Time...
Sources close to Hezbollah say 3-car convoy was hit Sunday, killing 12 people in all; Iran names one of the dead as General Mohammad Ali All
If North Korea Did Hack Sony, It's a Whole New Kind of Cyberterrorism | ...
If North Korea really did it, it would be the first time an organized, foreign cyber threat has waged a destructive attack on private citize
Do Product Managers Need to Know How to Code? | Kinetic Conversations
As a Product Manager, is it important to know how to code? Our Product Manager Matt Grierson weighs in.
Kinetic Gives Back, the TD Foundation | Kinetic Conversations
The Kinetic Team with TD Foundation founder, Tom Deierlein. We were proud to sponsor the TD Foundation's annual gala this year. The TD Found
Facebook PMD Kinetic Social Looks to Humanize Data with Audience Perform...
Putting a face on Facebook data? That’s what one Preferred Marketing Developer is trying to do, as Kinetic Social announced the addition of
The Kinetic Social Platform Incorporates Latest Facebook Business Manage...
See how the KSP incorporates Facebook's new Business Manager over on Kinetic Conversations.
Bringing Campaigns to Life with Facebook Lookalike Audiences | Kinetic C...
VP of Ad Ops & Campaign Management, Stephen Blake explains why Facebook Lookalike Audiences are the key to any social campaign.
CEO Don Mathis Interviewed by AlleyWatch | Kinetic Conversations | Kinet...
Our CEO Don Mathis was recently interviewed by AlleyWatch, see what he had to say about the process of funding a startup.