- Expand2WebPresident, present
- MicrosoftTechnical Evangelist
- InterwovenGroup Product Manager
- Building a business on the Web
- Building and tweaking WordPress Websites
- Local Search Engine Optimization - I'm a contributor to the Local Search Ranking Factors report
- Social Media - I live in the SF Bay Area and visit Google, Facebook and other startups regularly
- Design - I study design and customer experience and try to employ it on my site and in my products
- Digital Photography - I'm a total amateur who appreciates good digital and HDR photography, and I'm trying to learn to shoot and share good photos!
- Travel - I love to travel and share my photos and experiences
- Sports - I like to skimboard, play hockey and other sports too so sometimes I'll post about them
- Books - I read a ton, and do video reviews of the best ones
On mobile devices, apps like YouTube and Netflix have it built in, and Pandora and many others are coming.
So I think this is a device that will get more useful over time as it picks up support.
What's New (& Free) with Images for Your Website
Did you know that Getty announced that you can use images from their site for free? Of course you can't use them in an Ad or resell them or
How To Respond To A Negative Review - A Great Example
I was doing some more research on online reviews last weekend as a follow up to my recent video: Can Negative Reviews Help Your Business? an
217 Subscribers and 10 Testimonials From One Event - A GetFiveStars Case...
As a business owner, I'll bet you put a lot of time and effort into your business, and creating a good experience for your customers. But ho
How To Choose The Right Customer Review Management Service
Fellow Local Search geek Andrew Shotland wrote an article in SearchEngineLand to help people choose the right Customer Review Management Ser
Why online reviews are critically important for your business - Free Web...
How are you managing online reviews for your business? This question is top of mind today for business owners, and it is all over the mainst
Reputation Management Dilemma - The Review From Hell
This post recently showed up in the forums: Link to your local Google+ page Business name (as it is in your account): Bakersfield Funeral Ho
Ready to cast: Chromecast now open to developers with the Google Cast SDK
By John Affaki, Engineering Manager Back in July we announced the developer preview of the Google Cast Software Development Kit (SDK), the u
Web Design 101 - 4 Tips To Get Your Website Started
With a well-designed website, one can speak to their audience and turn casual visitors into excited customers. Most people fail to create an
Local Search Interview: 13 Questions For 6 Experts
Local search has gotten extremely complex during the last couple of years. Too complex for an average small business to navigate and too fas
Canada's Local Business Reviews Ecosystem | Whitespark
If you own a business in Canada, the first step to getting the most "bang" out of your reviews is to know which review sites in Canada will