QOTD response: Tough question! My knee jerk response is 50/50, just because I intend to generate a lot of content, while in my business, I have to be constantly consuming, too, to stay abreast of the constant changes. The more I think about it, the more difficult it is to give a solid answer. I guess I'll stick with 50/50.
Now if you had asked about jab vs. right hook, my answer would have been a pretty easy 95/5. I'm a soft marketer... I concentrate on building credibility and let clients come to me. Yeah, I know - I'd be a shit salesman - I found that out years ago. But luckily, I'm a kick-ass closer. So I let the sales come from credibility, referrals, return clients and the odd stroke of serendipity. Hell, even a blind squirrel can stumble across an occasional acorn, right?
I finally managed to get to your #meerkat broadcast of this episode before finding the door slammed in my face - another bit of serendipity. Watching it on a desktop kinda redefines suck, 'cause I get a lot more out of the video than I do from straight audio. Reminded me of watching one of the early panoramic movies on a small screen. But being a diehard dinosaur, I still don't plan to buy a smartphone, as the only use it would get would be connecting with you without pestering my daughter to loan me her phone.
You keep pushing us to up our game, , and I love that. #hustle is where it's at!
, who did the JJJRH background audio for you at the end of your vids?
I used to be a voracious reader, and rarely set a book aside until I had finished it. But I came to the same realization as you... this new medium makes it much more difficult to really enjoy anything without distractions and interruptions.
Unfortunately, many of us, since we work online, are now able to accomplish a great deal more with our time, so we quickly fill up that extra time with extra tasks. It seems to be a zero-sum game.
Yeah, Gary, you were in a different mood today. Pensive? Feelin' a little philosophical?
And in my opinion, NOBODY else could read it with as much effect as you, Gary!
Curious, what's the deal with the repetitive tags on your Medium link on YT? Are you just testing something?
, you touched on something that I've been wondering about... you said you've got too many balls in the air right now, and that biting off more than you can chew is what's been behind the biggest failures in your business career... so why do you keep doing it?
You keep answering questions, and WE'LL keep asking them!
- New Digs, Fresh Paint and Renewed Focus (current)
- We're Getting There (current)
- WE've Grown a Lot (current)
- What Makes you Unique? Your USP! (current)
- Stop Playing Games, Google! (current)
- It's Been Too Long (current)
- Dressing for a Google Party (current)
- A New Mission for the Bots (current)
- From WebTV - Full Circle (current)
- Level Headed Marketing Makes its Debut (current)
- A New Office for a New Focus (current)
- Story-telling Still Works (current)
- Ask Doc: Control Spam Comments (current)
- When Metrics Give your Lemons (current)
- SXO Pays Big Dividends (past)
- A Living SEO Strategy (past)
- Is your USP Optimized? (past)
- Finding Your Own Hot Button (past)
- Why Can't We Killl Bad SEO? (past)
- Ranting can be Therapeutic (past)
- Are Guest Blogs Forked? (past)
- SEO Packages: Buyer Beware (past)
- Semantic Search in 2025 (past)
- Impressed - Social Media (past)
- Blah, Blah, Blah - Pls RT (past)
- Is Google Pagerank Done? (past)
- Build your Brand on Twitter (past)
- Something to Consider (past)
- I'm Just Passing Through (past)
- 3 Golden Rules of SEO Project Planning (current)
- Establishing your Perceived Value (current)
- Partnerships are Like Marriages (current)
- Building Authority in 2013 (current)
- Don't Commit Social Media Suicide (current)
- Working in a Vacuum (current)
- Negotiating with Hard-Heads (current)
- Tips for Achieving your Business Goals (current)
- Can You Trust a Marketing Guru? (current)
- Google Plus Comments are Dangerous! (current)
- Common Sense Isn’t Common Enough Today (current)
- Professionalism for Fun and Profit (current)
- Another Open Letter to Google (current)
- Are These Anti-Google Refrains True? (current)
- Open Letter to Vladimir Putin (current)
- Why Trust Will Never Exist... (current)
- Paying It Forward (current)
- Lift the Cuban Embargo? (current)
- Are We Evolving or Not? (current)
Co-host of Level Headed Marketing, a bi-weekly Hangout video, highlighting international SEO and content issues.
- Canterbury University College Of Business And EconomicsMBA - Business Administration
- Canterbury University KentBSEE, Elect. Eng.
Case Study: One Site's Recovery from an Ugly SEO Mess
A comprehensive case study on how I helped a site recover from a massive Google algorithmic loss...
The moment I learned just how far Uber will go to silence journalists an...
A big debate among the Pando staff for the past two years has been over just how morally bankrupt Uber is. Earlier this evening, a bombshell
A Comprehensive Study of Content and Brand Visibility on Google+
A detailed analysis of Google+ platform with case studies, actionable tips, statistics and a visual guide to little-known features.
Yes – Leave WordPress Automatic Updates Switched On, It’s For Your Own G...
Rhys Wynne issues a rebuttal to Marj Wyatt's complaint against auto-updates by WordPress.
5 tips for getting your content on Google's In-Depth Articles search…
Whenever Google introduces a new feature to search results, smart businesses will sit up and take note of the new opportunities they might t
Marketing: Why do we Try to Hide a Forest Among the Trees?
Is it really necessary to give ages-old disciplines a new name every time a new wrinkle appears? Marketing is marketing, regardless of the c