- writingWriter by Day, Blogger by Night; Always Certain; Not Always Right, 1992 - present
- Pediatrician1978 - 1992Most of the time, the babies delighted me; sometimes they scared me witless. Very rarely, they broke my heart.
- KPRC-TVFamily Heath Reporter, 1989 - 1993
- Baylor College of MedicieMedicine, 1974 - 1982M.D.
- University of Texas at AustinHistory, 1965 - 1967
- Boston UniveristyEducation, 1968 - 1967BS in Education
- Rice Universitywriting, 1989 - 1992I've studied many things, but studying under Venkatesh Kulkarni was the most rewarding. He taught in the School of Continuing Studies and he changed me as a person. From from ideas to words on paper is harder than it sounds...
Pope Benedict to resign at the end of the month, Vatican says
Pope Benedict will resign on February 28, his spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told CNN Monday.
France to close embassies in fear of cartoon backlash
FRANCE - France announced Wednesday it will close 20 embassies across the Muslim world on Friday after French weekly Charlie Hebdo published
Gay Marriage and the SupremesGay Marriage and the Supremes
Oral arguments on two Supreme Court cases in two days on gay marriage is a first. But it will be a while before a ruling comes down. In the
Vietnam-era Vets -- Help Out with the #VAbacklogVietnam-era Vets — Help ...
The head of the VA should have been shouting from rooftops for the last decade that he didn't have the manpower to process VA claims that wo
Steubenville: A Teachable MomentSteubenville: A Teachable Moment
The Steubenville rape case is just beginning. The boys have been convicted, but who is really at fault? I'm furious with the adults who prov
The Doctor Shortage: A Quick SolutionThe Doctor Shortage: A Quick Solution
According to the American Association of Medical Colleges, we will be 90,000 doctors short by 2020 and 135,000 short by 2025 https://www.aam
On Computers, Gorillas, Lance Armstrong and World PeaceOn Computers, Gor...
I am the first to admit I love technology. Love it, love it, love it. Except when I hate it. It is like dating someone who is perfect in eve