Works at HT Media Ltd
Salesman by day, writer by night.
Marketing Head at an internet company. Past experience in media and FMCG industries.
Consumer Marketing, Brand Management, Trade Marketing, Sales, Business Strategy
- HT Media LtdHead - Marketing, Digital Business, 4 - present- Handling Marketing and User Interface Design for the group’s digital brands (jobs site Shine.com, movies site DesiMartini.com and education site HTCampus.com) - Relaunched brand with 360-degree communication and website revamp to support industry-first product introduction
- HT Media LtdHead - Marketing, Hindustan Times, 4 - 3Brand marketing role for India's second largest English newspaper and all sub-brands - Relaunched the brand with new positioning, communication and complete product revamp, which won at Effies 2010 and was placed third globally at the INMA World Congress 2010 - Conceptualised and launched two completely new products – a youth newspaper (HT Edge) and a commuter newspaper (HT Mini)
- HT Media LtdHead - Marketing, Hindustan, 4 - 4Brand marketing role in critical repositioning phase for India's third largest newspaper - Developed brand positioning, communication and media plans - Launched the newspaper in two markets of UP and Uttarakhand (India’s largest states) - Responsible for B2B communication (across print and online), training modules and sales collaterals to build the Hindustan brand among media agencies & advertisers
- HT Media LtdGeneral Manager - Hindi Business, 3 - 3Strategic role for a business in expansion and high investment phase - Worked on the business for a period in which it went from being India's eighth largest to third largest daily - Developed comprehensive business strategy, long-term as well as annual operating plans which was the basis of the investor pitch at the time of its IPO - Developed entry strategies and go-to-market plan for new markets and managed progress of local teams
- MaricoTrade Marketing Manager, 10 - 3Managed the complete BTL and new-product agenda for edible oils and hair care - Responsible for volume and profitability targets for approx 40% of company turnover - Responsible for all new product launches and activation initiatives - Developed and anchored the national strategy for key account management
- MaricoSales Manager - Modern Trade, 9 - 10Managed the Modern Trade channel in the Southern Region - Set up the entire distribution network in the Region
- PepsiCo (India) Holdings Pvt. LtdTerritory Development Manager, 9 - 9Managed sales & distribution for the full range of beverages in Bangalore - Responsible for managing cost-lines of trade-marketing, key account and retail distribution - Managed transition from a company-operated network to a distributor-driven network in the entire city
- Reckitt BenckiserRegional Sales Manager, 6 - 9- Post Management Trainee stint, handled sales in Bihar & Jharkhand (Jun 00 to Dec 01) and West Bengal (Jan 02 to Aug 02) - Responsible for key product launches in fabric care from Feb 02 for which the state was the pressure test location