Short version: Social business and communities are at the top end, but a new emergent digital workplace is coming into its own.
A big thanks to executive producer and #CXOTalk founder for making it happen.
Watch the whole show:
There's still time to sign up. Hope to see you and bring your toughest questions.
We'll be wrestling with the hot questions on the digital workplace and enterprise social networks, including topics like "Why do we still have e-mail, is that good or bad?", "What are the best practices that actually work?", "What are the secrets to gaining adoption and sustained traction?"
Bring your questions + your challenges. Hope to see you there.
I'll be co-hosting the show with founder . Hope you'll join us and ask Sean some good questions via Twitter.
82% going towards maintenance. How many other ways can we say, "Untenable"? A healthier number would be under 50%.
That arrow in the illustration below? That points at the Valley of Death that eventually most companies will have to cross.
What Hinchcliffe calls a Network of Excellence, I have dubbed it a High Value Network, which is an outer layer of my Smart Swarms System, a system designed for this very purpose of continual transition and transformation.
This is awesome for me, as it supports perfectly the role of Network Value Orchestrator I've developed, a role I am looking to bring to one of several Vancouver area companies.
In addition to helping companies deliver effective digital transformation, social business strategy, and Enterprise 2.0 performance improvement solutions as the Chief Strategy Officer of 7Summits, Dion is also is a regular keynote speaker on the topics of enterprise technology, business strategy, workforce and customer engagement, collaboration, Web 2.0 and Enterprise 2.0, SOA, and has presented or keynoted at Web 2.0 Expo, CeBIT, Business Integration Forum, Interop, JavaOne, SOA Web Services Edge, Enterprise 2.0 Conference, Collaboration Tech Fest, and many other major business and software conferences.
He is currently exploring the concept of the Next-Generation Enterprise as an infinite renewing and sustainable target for digital transformation.
One Market Street Spear Tower, Suite 3600 San Francisco, CA 94105
- 7Summits Inc.Chief Strategy Officer, 2015 - presentI head up the strategy side of the house for the world's leading online community strategy and design firm. In addition, I spend time speaking, writing, and researching to further establish the market for enterprise collaboration, customer engagement, and digital experience.
- AdjuviChief Strategy Officer, 2014 - 2015I conduct market-making research on the strategic intersection of technology and business. This includes developing thought leadership to help guide executives on their journey to update their organizations for the 21st century. I speak, lecture, and deliver workshops around the world on high impact topics related to Adjuvi's change and performance management business for digital/social, including workforce collaboration, social business, digital business models, Internet ecosystems, and the future of work. Finally, and most importantly, I consult and advise directly with senior executives at client firms in North America, Europe, and Asia to connect the latest advances and ideas to their business to drive high impact results. Responsible for making the market in social business change and performance management for Adjuvi, as well driving business development for the consulting line of business.
- Dachis GroupChief Strategy Officer, 2012 - 2014
- Dachis GroupExecutive Vice President, 2010 - 2013
- Hinchcliffe & CompanyCTO, 2006 - 2010
The Path to Co-Creating a Social Business: The Early Adoption Phase
The figures vary but in the last several years a major change has begun in organizations around the world. Sometimes the efforts are small a
Great Debate: Social enterprise - Fact or fiction? Live next Tuesday, Fe...
Dennis Howlett and I finally get our ‘cage match’ on social business. We will debate whether or not the social enterprise is fact or ficti