Philadelphia night scene.
7 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- HiGreat job here....you managed a much better take on this than I did - you were farther back it seems and at an angle that allowed the inclusion of the building that looks (sort of!) like a ship!...But it looks as if it may have been quieter than when I was there during the photowalk.....those trees with all the lights were bobbing around pretty aggressively. Anyway....just wanting to say - this is lovely....I've been meaning to go back and give it another try and this encourages me to! Thanks!Aug 23, 2015
- Hiand thank you! Yes, it was a much calmer evening than that of the photowalk. We walked to the Independence Seaport museum for this view. I was very surprised when editing the photo to see ducks on the water, I had completely missed their presence!Aug 23, 2015
- As I look at it again, I'm also thinking that cropping the trees out might be a nice approach as well....I love the ships, the reflections from all the light sources AND the ducks! :-) Seems like in a way a different subject from the trees...what do you think? Did you try that at all....?Aug 23, 2015
- I did not try that, although I had a similar thought to yours. Had I thought of this at the time I was shooting, I would have gone right to the edge of the water to get more reflections in the picture to keep more balance when the trees are cropped out. It feels to me that cropping them out now would yield an unsettling composition.Aug 23, 2015
- You are of course the last word with your own photo, and I didn't try...it was just a random thought....those trees bother me - and that is more to do with me than your photo I'm sure....they are just a problem to capture...but having said ALL of the above - i do think this is lovely!!Aug 23, 2015