To encapsulate this, I often think of Henry Ford’s famous quote :)
'If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse.'
Here's mine, anyway :)
Indeed, If you aren't being told 'no' enough times, you're not pushing yourself hard enough.
Happy St. Valentine's Day!
Charles Duhigg, an investigative reporter for The New York Times, accomplishes what few books are able to do with his "The Power of Habit". The book educates (it's a serious look at the science of habit formation and change) while also entertains (filled with incredible stories). It's thoroughly enjoyable and provides many 'ah ha' moments.
The book covers a wide spectrum from explaining how habits are formed and how the bad ones can be broken, to how information on habits can be used in marketing, management, and social movements.
Besides the compelling stories, Duhigg also provides the prescription to change a bad habit. He explains how habits are formed by a cycle of a cue that triggers some behavior (good or bad), then a reward, and then a craving develops to drive a loop of repetitive behavior.
You have a happy reading. As for myself, finished in two seatings :)
happy doing business :)
"David has nothing to lose, and because he has nothing to lose, he has the freedom to thumb his nose at the rules set by others. That's how people with brains a little bit different from the rest of ours get jobs done."
In David and Goliath, author Malcolm Gladwell looks at how the 'Davids' of the world may actually have an advantage over the Goliaths.
I always look forward to the next work by Gladwell and he has yet to disappoint. David and Goliath is just the next work to challenge convention, educate the mind, and entertain the soul.
- International Labour OrganizationInstitutional Capacity Development Officer, 2015 - presentResponsible for institutional capacity building of private sector organizations in order to improve their capacity for effective organizational governance, management and programming for service delivery capacity and internal organization. Also, support and provide technical assistance to institutionalize Advocacy Challenge Fund package, to support initiatives addressing responsible business issues including the Global Compact principles, corporate governance and inclusive economic development related human rights issues.
- dkompany Pvt. Ltd.Founder, 2013 - presentdkompany is an international business advisory firm providing consulting, legal and outsourcing services. The firm provides high quality advice and assistance on international trade, foreign investment, cross-border compliance and other global business matters, across multiple spectra and industries.
- Kathmandu University School of Management (KUSOM)Visiting Faculty, 2011 - 2015I also served as a Visiting Faculty Member to teach Global Business Management course to regular MBA students at KUSOM.
- Enhanced Integrated Framework, Nepal Ministry of Commerce and SuppliesProject and Policy Analyst, 2011 - 2012
- USAID NepalConsultant, 2011 - 2011
- Practical Action NepalConsultant, 2011 - 2011
- Helvetas Swiss Inter-cooperation NepalConsultant, 2009 - 2009
- Enterprise and Management Development Center (EMDC), KUSOMAssociate, 2006 - 2009
- Practical Action NepalConsultant, 2008 - 2008
- Surya NepalMarketing Officer, 2005 - 2006
- SOI GroupAssistant Business Development Manager, 2003 - 2005
- New Horizons Computer Learning CenterSales Manager, 2002 - 2003
- Hyatt Regency KathmanduTraining Assistant, 2001 - 2002
For last 7 years, Karki has been providing technical and advisory services, all related to private sector development, inclusive growth and poverty reduction to diverse stakeholders, those including the government, non-government and international organizations. Earlier, he worked for over 6 years in management positions at leading firms in Nepal.
- University of Nottingham, UKMaster of Laws (LL.M) in International Law, 2009 - 2010Awarded ‘International Scholarship’; Awarded ‘PG Fund’ for the Hague Academy’s Summer Course
- The Hague Academy of International Law, the NetherlandsSummer Courses in Public International Law, 2009 - 2009
- Kathmandu University School of Management, NepalMaster of Business Administration (MBA), 2006 - 2008Awarded ‘Best Student’ and ‘Partial Scholarship’; Founding President of ‘Student Council’ and ‘Alumni Association’; Founding Coordinator of 1st KUSOM Annual Festival (KAF) 2007
- Tribhuvan University, NepalBachelor in Business Studies (BBS), 2002 - 2005
- Siddhartha Residential School, IndiaSenior School Certificate (SSC), 1996 - 1998
- St. Joseph's School, NepalSchool Leaving Certificate (SLC), 1990 - 1996
If It Won't Fit On A Post-It, It Won't Fit In Your Day
Does your daily to-do list look like Mount Everest? Check out this super-simple approach to streamlining your everyday tasks for mor
This Email Got One Stanford Student A Huge Job At Foursquare
"Hey Dennis and Naveen"
"Nadaan Parindey Ghar Aaja (Full Song) Rockstar" | Ranbir Kapoor
Rockstar music is composed by India's one of the best musician A R Rahman. His magical work has already created buzz in music world as his l
Top Ten Reasons Why Large Companies Fail To Keep Their Best Talent - Forbes
Big companies are notoriously bad at keeping their best people. Here's why Dilbert lives in most big companies.
7 Tips for Surviving & Thriving at Networking Events
While it may seem like some are born to mingle, the truth is it takes practice. Here are 7 ways to skip the small talk and get more value ou
How Governments Are Using Social Media for Better & for Worse
Governments and social media have reached a tentative partnership. While the Internet is no longer a "Wild West," people in power are still
40 New Digital Media Resources You May Have Missed
Coming at you with the weekly roundup of features you may have missed on Mashable. Find the latest in tech resources in this handy one-stop
Twelve absolute must-have Google Chrome plugins | freewaregenius.com
There’s somewhat of an explosion of Chrome plugins taking place at the moment. Which is great, because to be totally honest for me the bigge
6 Google Chrome Extensions for Web Writers | Search Engine People | Toronto
6 go-get extensions to improve and tweak Google Chrome to a writer's needs
Chandan Sapkota's blog: Nepal’s budget for FY 2011-2012
Expenditure: The size of the budget is Rs 384.9 billion, almost 14% higher than last year's budget (and 25.67% higher than revised estim