*Say hello to #Gello
* - Part 2
After the first announcement yesterday, today I'll show you off the app running on my phone.
A few interesting stuffs that may have been misunderstood:
- No. CyanogenMod Team doesn not hate Google
, this is not a way to steal Google's work (chromium is opensource), nor me (or any other CM team member) wants you remove Chrome from your device. You'll always be free to choose to install your GApps package alongside with CyanogenMod and repace all the CyanogenMod apps you don't like/use with Google's. Me and all the CM teams uses Google Apps and Services every day. We aren't "putting a bullet into Google's head". We're just creating an operative system (or ROM or Firmware, whatever you call it).
- Yes it's fully opensource. Everyone will be able to contribute to this once it's officially merged.
- Compatibility: there's a "sad" point: low end devices or devices with small system partitions won't get Gello, they'll get the AOSP Browser instead, remember this is chromium-based, so it requies some hw
- These are not all the features you'll see in Gello.
- I have to say a BIG THANKS
for the people who answered to my surveys about Colors, Features, Most used stuffs etc. All your answer have been used to make this browser better :D
- Yes, for those are already complaining. It's the chromium for snapdragon project, so a big thank goes to CAF and Cyngn people who works on this
- ETA? Really???
I'd also like to thank +Artem Russakovskii
for pubblishing my previous post on +Android Police