For the first time, a large Pacific barreleye fish - complete with transparent head - has been caught on film by scientists using remotely operated vehicles at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute. The deep-sea fish's tubular eyes pivot under a clear dome.
84 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 3 previous comments
- More info at the MBARI site:
AND, the Colbert Report gives an example of how to provide the proper voice-over narration for this "see-thru-shi"
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/221465/march-12-2009/craziest-f--king-thing-i-ve-ever-heard---barreleye-fishMar 3, 2012
- It's a flying fortress fish!Mar 3, 2012
- I cannot wait to show it to my students in class on Monday!Mar 4, 2012
- Fantastic piece of evolutionary biology...thanks for posting!Mar 4, 2012
- Yeah, and it just happened to have a light inside its head, illuminating everything. I guess it had an idea while they were filming?
How fake can you get? See through heads! Ridiculous.Mar 4, 2012
- LOL. Just my warped sense of humor.Mar 6, 2012