You can spot a mediocre writer from miles away ...
Not the kind of people you would expect to survive once the stuff hits the fan and the world as we know it ends ... but it doesn't have to be that way.
Sometimes, we’ll pour our blood, sweat, and tears into a blog post. Other times? We’ll publish just for the sake of publishing.
The problem is most blog traffic comes from first-time visitors. We get one shot at them. Once chance to make an impression. One chance to impact their lives.
In my biggest post of 2015, I look at why it's so important we bloggers try our best every time we write. A truckload of amazing bloggers and entrepreneurs are referenced, including:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and .
I hope you like it. If you do, share it with a friend!
Read it here:
#bloggingtips #standout #bememorable #beabetterblogger #makeitcount
Ooc, why? Did you guys adopt a more passive approach to G+ over the last couple of years?
- Plussers...Are We Really as Smart as We Think We Are? Or Is It Just Me? (226 comments, 52 +1s, 7 reshares)
- Crash Course on Storytelling (22 comments, 432 +1s, 245 reshares)
- 13 Lessons Learned From 13 Years of Writing (22 comments, 130 +1s, 39 reshares)
- 17 Ways to Go from Insignificant to Significant on Google (41 comments, 51 +1s, 60 shares)
- A Cheat Sheet for People Afraid of Google+ (99 comments, 395 +1s, 174 reshares)
- The Year of Falling Apart (The Education of a Writer--Chapter 1) (11 comments, 30 +1s, 10 shares)
- 8 Rules Every Writer Should Live By (7 comments, 21 +1s, 6 shares)
- Trust Me--A Minus Sign Won't Keep Google+ from Becoming Trivial... (22 comments, 13 +1s, 2 shares)
- Southern Illinois University EdwardsvilleEnglish Literature, 1998 - 2000
- AWAI Accelerated Copywriting CourseCopywriting, 2001 - 2002
- Copyblogger MediaCopywriter, 2013 - 2016
- The CopyBotFreelance Copywriter, 2011 - 2012
- Fallen + FlawedBlogger, 2011 - 2012
- Joyce Meyer MinistriesManaging Editor, 2009 - 2010
- Joyce Meyer MinistriesSenior Web Copywriter, 2007 - 2009
- Proquest TechnologiesSenior Editor, 2005 - 2007
- Proquest TechnologiesCopywriter, 2001 - 2005
'The World's Worst Humanitarian Crisis': Understanding the Darfur Confli...
Origins: Current Events in Historical Perspective; In each issue of Origins, an academic expert will analyze a particular current issue – po
11 Marketing Documentaries That Will Make You a Smarter Marketer
Sometimes we get so caught up in tactics we lose sight of the big picture. Here are 11 mind-expanding marketing documentaries all marketers
The Difference Between Web Reporting And Web Analysis
The business world is chock full of data pukes masquerading as data analysis. Learn the top 10 signs that you are looking at / doing web ana
Here’s Your Last Chance to Enter Copyblogger’s Essay Contest
You have until 5:00 PM PST today to enter our first-ever essay contest ... which features over $7,000 in content marketing prizes ...
The 10 most difficult books to finish – in pictures
Plough through these challenging works and you'll be doing well. Nominate your favourites in the comments section below
Life After Heroin: Two Ex-Junkies Pick Up a New Habit
A true story of addiction, friendship, and tattoos
Chasing Laplace’s Demon | Guest Blog, Scientific American Blog Network
Warming up - Here's your task: Come up with a stock market portfolio in the next 30 seconds (if you already have a portfolio, pretend you ..
When Google Gets It Wrong By Changing The Titles Of Web Pages
Google doesn’t always use the HTML title tag of a web page, choosing instead to make its own title for a page, if it thinks it can do a bett
30 Social Media Metrics That Prove Real Value, a Raven Tools guide
Social media marketers don't just post, tweet or pin. They drive results for customers. Use this social media metrics guide to prove it.
Say It Out Loud: How David Sedaris Makes His Writing Better
With social networking tools and access to e-reader data, 21st-century authors have unlimited opportunities for feedback before a book is in
A Backup System Unlike Any Other ... Personal Backups for S3 Now Live (a...
You've told us backups are important to you and we've been listening. That's why we are so excited to officially announce the latest Synthes
Using Google Analytics to determine if your content is generating leads ...
As a content marketer I'm regularly looking at my stats to work out what content is doing well. In this article I'll go through 2 useful rep
6 actionable metrics for content marketers & bloggers (that you won&...
Informly is re-launching soon as a tool to enable content marketers to track people and content metrics (more here). If you are only using G