This trick works for just about any bio, really–LinkedIn, Twitter, your resume, your blog About page or a conference speaking bio ...
And this trick boils down to adding credible endorsements (recognizable names and brands) to your G+ profile page.
Nike. Google. Stephen King. Adobe. New York Times. Mashable.
Naturally I'm going to bring up 's name when I talk about finding great images since, you know ...
He's the stud that busted out one of my favorite blog posts in a long while. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you will when you listen to the latest episode of the Lede.
You can do that here (read the transcript, too):
But in addition, in this episode you'll discover:
- The Image lesson I learned from a guy who reads 1,000 blogs a day
- The one thing that made one set of photographs of Detroit go viral and not another
- What types of photos trigger inferiority, back by a recent study
- How to choose photos without fear of copyright violation
And more. Check it out now:
By the way, you can find the photo below here:
When you look up "artist" in the dictionary, you should see a picture of Puddles. He does creativity right.
Including scary small children:
Prior to the above article, this article was the best thing I'd ever read:
- Copyblogger MediaCopywriter, 2013 - present
- The CopyBotFreelance Copywriter, 2011 - 2012
- Fallen + FlawedBlogger, 2011 - 2012
- Joyce Meyer MinistriesManaging Editor, 2009 - 2010
- Joyce Meyer MinistriesSenior Web Copywriter, 2007 - 2009
- Proquest TechnologiesSenior Editor, 2005 - 2007
- Proquest TechnologiesCopywriter, 2001 - 2005
- Plussers...Are We Really as Smart as We Think We Are? Or Is It Just Me? (226 comments, 52 +1s, 7 reshares)
- Crash Course on Storytelling (22 comments, 432 +1s, 245 reshares)
- 13 Lessons Learned From 13 Years of Writing (22 comments, 130 +1s, 39 reshares)
- 17 Ways to Go from Insignificant to Significant on Google (41 comments, 51 +1s, 60 shares)
- A Cheat Sheet for People Afraid of Google+ (99 comments, 395 +1s, 174 reshares)
- The Year of Falling Apart (The Education of a Writer--Chapter 1) (11 comments, 30 +1s, 10 shares)
- 8 Rules Every Writer Should Live By (7 comments, 21 +1s, 6 shares)
- Trust Me--A Minus Sign Won't Keep Google+ from Becoming Trivial... (22 comments, 13 +1s, 2 shares)
- Southern Illinois University EdwardsvilleEnglish Literature, 1998 - 2000
- AWAI Accelerated Copywriting CourseCopywriting, 2001 - 2002
Here’s Your Last Chance to Enter Copyblogger’s Essay Contest
You have until 5:00 PM PST today to enter our first-ever essay contest ... which features over $7,000 in content marketing prizes ...
The 10 most difficult books to finish – in pictures
Plough through these challenging works and you'll be doing well. Nominate your favourites in the comments section below
Life After Heroin: Two Ex-Junkies Pick Up a New Habit
A true story of addiction, friendship, and tattoos
Chasing Laplace’s Demon | Guest Blog, Scientific American Blog Network
Warming up - Here's your task: Come up with a stock market portfolio in the next 30 seconds (if you already have a portfolio, pretend you ..
When Google Gets It Wrong By Changing The Titles Of Web Pages
Google doesn’t always use the HTML title tag of a web page, choosing instead to make its own title for a page, if it thinks it can do a bett
30 Social Media Metrics That Prove Real Value, a Raven Tools guide
Social media marketers don't just post, tweet or pin. They drive results for customers. Use this social media metrics guide to prove it.
Say It Out Loud: How David Sedaris Makes His Writing Better
With social networking tools and access to e-reader data, 21st-century authors have unlimited opportunities for feedback before a book is in
A Backup System Unlike Any Other ... Personal Backups for S3 Now Live (a...
You've told us backups are important to you and we've been listening. That's why we are so excited to officially announce the latest Synthes
Using Google Analytics to determine if your content is generating leads ...
As a content marketer I'm regularly looking at my stats to work out what content is doing well. In this article I'll go through 2 useful rep
6 actionable metrics for content marketers & bloggers (that you won&...
Informly is re-launching soon as a tool to enable content marketers to track people and content metrics (more here). If you are only using G
The State of B2B Content Marketing: Tactics, Sharing Tools and Metrics [...
With 91% of B2B companies doing it, content marketing has quickly become one of the most popular mediums for marketers. Uberflip’s latest in
What Your Klout Score Really Means | Epicenter | Wired.com
Your Klout score is gaining in importance: A high one might bring perks, but a low one could dash your career dreams.