This first one – Tension Fabric: Wave of the Future is about large scale Tension Fabric Structures in Architecture. It is certainly a very related field although the stakes are higher, if you will. Shelter being of utmost importance means weight loads on wind, snow etc. The large scale makes the materials different, however as I already stated we in the ultra-light weight tension fabric structures are a kissing cousin. We learn and grow from each other. Our stretch fabric shapes relate exactly to the design flexibility of the medium, as tension fabric has unique physical properties due to its basic structure that makes it an incredibly versatile building material.
Fabric Structures have been a part of man’s landscape…well…forever! For example tents and unique tensioned fabric structures ranging from the black tents of the Bedouins, Berbers, Moors, and Kurds to the highly evolved American tipi of the Native Americans. In the 1950’s a realization that these tension fabric concepts could relate to architecture. Take a read of this “illumin” article and it will inform you of large scale weather-proof tension fabric structures!
- The OriginatorsCreative / Principal, 2013 - presentWe Create WOW! The Originators infuse creativity, ingenuity, with a can-do spirit into all of our Design + Fabric Structures! Our creative niche is 3-D space design, fabric décor installations and live special effects for events, exhibits, environments and experiences
- ISES New York MetroDirector at Large, Communications, 2013 - present
- ISES NY Metro ChapterImmediate Past President, 2012 - 2013
- Independent CreativeExperience Designer, 2012 - 2013
- PinkDirector of Design and Creative Events, 2010 - 2012
- ISES NY Metro ChapterPresident, 2011 - 2012
- Pink IncCEO - CCO Cheif Creative Officer, 1984 - 2010
The Originators infuse creativity, ingenuity, with a can-do spirit into all of our Design + Fabric Structures!
Our creative niche is 3-D space design, fabric décor installations and live special effects for events, exhibits, environments and experiences.
The Originators have a special story to tell.
Debra Roth and Marc Posnock are the two people most significantly responsible for originating fabric structures in the events industry over twenty years ago. And now, The Originators continue to innovate -- making dynamic and bold, progressive designs and fabric structures along with the most knowledgeable, personalized customer service in the industry today.
You don’t know it, but it’s likely we’ve already worked together.
Our wisdom and experience is unique and unrivaled.
The Originators have assembled a dream team of players who’ve heard your needs and are committed to infuse every project we touch with this blend of experience, ingenuity and teamwork.
You’ll find us designing innovative fabric structures, 3D projections and sculptural forms that incorporate diverse, new materials. The Originators palette is broad and always growing.
And, yes, we’re still originating after all these years.
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, BostonSculpture and Performance