Have you ever missed the beginning of a live Hangout On Air and wanted to rewind? How about viewing and sharing your recording right after your broadcast, versus waiting for "processing…"? Today we're launching these, and two other features, to improve your Hangouts On Air experience:
- Rewind live broadcasts. Regardless when you start watching, you can always go back to the beginning.
- Access recordings immediately after your broadcast. Once you're no longer On Air, your recording will be waiting for you on YouTube.
- Watch higher quality Hangouts On Air on the go. If you're tuning in from your mobile device, you'll notice better-looking video.
- Start live broadcasts without having to refresh. When you visit a page with a Hangout On Air (like Events or YouTube), the video will begin playing as soon as the show starts -- no refresh required.
As part of these enhancements, it may take longer to set up your Hangout On Air. For example: the 'Start broadcasting' button may be grayed out for a bit, before it turns red. Nothing to worry about, this is just us getting everything in place before you go live.
I'm a recovering IT professional, 10 years working at a midwest law firm and for 9 years as the Assistant Director of IS. During much of that time, I worked in the arena of marketing technology. This included email marketing campaigns, website design and content, SEO, seminar presentations and client relationship management software. The last 3 years at the firm prior to being economically laid off (yes, they were right on NPR, the economy was bad) I spent much of my time working with my attorneys on social media initiatives from blogs, LinkedIn and Twitter.
During my tenure in between law firms, I worked with individual professionals and companies on their social media initiatives, along with doing public speaking on leveraging Web2.0. Now, I'm back in-house doing legal marketing and business development utilizing the InterAction CRM. My focus is on marketing technology, CRM and social media.
My passion is helping people understand that technology is not difficult. Whether it is document management, client relationship management or social media, it is not the technology, but rather the business goals that are most important to focus on. Truly anyone can learn the technology (that is the easy part), it is how to leverage it to achieve the goals that is most important.
I'm also passionate about internet privacy and online safety and I am a volunteer with FlyAKite.org, a startup initiative for online safety that was founded by +Tara Clarinette, a privacy and internet lawyer.
My passions are all things digital, business, Big Data, startups, sports, music and I guess, generally speaking, life.
- Baker UniversityBusiness, 1993 - 1997