The number of refugees fleeing violence in their homeland, primarily Central Americans, has doubled since Thanksgiving. The need for volunteers and donations to support the Center CCRGV set-up and manages continues. And Kristian's feature story, appearing today in all of the AIM newspapers in Texas, will surely help that cause.
To write the story, Kristian spent half a day with us at the Center, and he told me he was the son of migrants. He shared he was 12 years old when his father crossed the US-Mexican border to be with his family at Christmas. I'm guessing it is a Christmas Kristian will never forget.
Next to my two children, my biggest passions are lifelong learning, public broadcasting and navigating the new media frontier... no easy feat in The Neo-Luddite Triangle.
I relish being part of innovative and entrepreneurial teams. Teams willing to think in new ways and implement new ideas improve their relationships with key audiences and their bottom line.
I've worked in radio & television, higher education, and was a tenured college professor. I keep changing what I want to be when I grow up.
My communications and development work currently supports new media and health information literacy, ePatient advocacy, cancer research, and improvements in the quality of life and care for those touched by cancer and mental health issues.
Another passion is helping people of all ages better understand and enjoy the world's most beautiful players' game - real football (or what most in the states refer to as soccer).
- Medicine X 2013Stanford University School of Medicine
- Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, Indiana UniversityDeveloping Major Gifts
- Association for Healthcare Philanthropy Madison InstituteIn cooperation with the University of Wisconsin’s Graduate School of Business, Annual Giving
- Medicine 2.0: The 4th World Congress on Social Media & Web 2.0 in Health, Medicine & Biomedical Research & Stanford XStanford University School of Medicine
- Summer Institute in Digital Strategies for Health CommunicationTufts University School of Medicine
- Bowling Green State UniversityDigital Media & New Communication Technologies/Sociology
- University of Notre DameSummer Institute in Communications
- Bowling Green State UniversityMass Communication Studies/Radio/TV/Film/Organizational Development
- Bowling Green State UniversityInterpersonal & Public Communication/Philosophy
- Tallmadge High School
- Howland High School
- Deerfield High School
- Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande ValleyDirector of Development and Communications, present
- Toledo Community Oncology ProgramDirector Development & Communications
- WBGU-PBSDirector of Promotions & Public Relations
- Bowling Green State UniversityExecutive Assistant to the VP for University Advancement
- The Defiance CollegeDirector of Communications/Assistant Professor of Communication Arts/Director of Student Publications/Director of Forensics
- Storer Broadcasting 1370 WSPD-AM
- Wood Broadcasting 1370 WSPD-AM
- Hillebrand Broadcasting 92.5 WMHE-FM
- WBGU-FM 88.1
Volunteers continue helping refugees at Humanitarian Respite Center
On June I 0, 2014, Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley marked the one-year anniversary of the Humanitarian Respite Center at Sacred
Cancer Clinical Trials: A Participant’s Perspective
A cancer diagnosis turns your world upside down. Toledo Community Oncology Program clinical trials offer the best standard of cancer care av
It's a "Grassical" Christmas with the DePue Brothers Band!
You read the headline correctly. "Grassical." It's a combination of bluegrass and classical music, with elements of jazz, blues and rock inc
Styling for a First Date -- Whitney Port Style Competition -- Dress to K...
In the third episode of this head-to-head style competition, Valissa and Quentin must pull together the perfect look for a first date. Can t
People who participate in clinical trials are trailblazers
People who participate in clinical trials are not guinea pigs. They are trailblazers.
On joining The Walking Gallery – a patient-centered movementNickDawson.n...
Tonight I was inducted into a secret society. A special club. The Illuminati. The Walking Gallery is the creation of Regina Holliday. Regina
Current.org Blog: There's good news in numbers at PBS Board meeting
ARLINGTON, Va. — PBS President Paula Kerger told the PBS Board that 2011 was an "amazing year amidst extraordinary challenges." Ke
My motorola droid razr will not let me make calls it is saying only emer...
One of my suggestions is just poweroff your phone, take the battery out and leave it for about 15 seconds, put it back together and then pow
Thomas Keller and designing for experience « NickDawson.net
What keeps you up at night? A bad service. - Thomas Keller I've become very interested in 'design thinking' and experiences lately. Certainl
Colombia player gets Olympic ban for Wambach punch
LONDON (AP) — FIFA has imposed a two-match ban on Colombia player Lady Andrade after U.S. forward Abby Wambach said she was "sucker-punched"