The MONDAYS WITH MYRT live broadcast starts in about an hour. See you there! http://hangouts.dearmyrtle.com/27-feb-2017-mwm.html
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Feb 27, 2017
- Love the idea of continuing the conversation here on G+. This helps a lot for those of us who can't always be there in real time. So many good leads today!Feb 27, 2017
- DearMYRTLEOwner+1Let's continue the conversation here!Feb 27, 2017
- I just wanted to add to the conversation. I am just getting around to watching the archived version of this MWM on YouTube.
I just got an email this week from FindMyPast and they said I now have 3889 hints on my tree! I hadn't looked for a while. I thought that was a lot compared to Randy's 138. Have a lot going on, but when I get a chance I will go and analyze them. Great show!Mar 2, 2017
- I like that you can +1 comments here!Mar 2, 2017
- I think it's fine for the APG to recommend at least 12 hours of continuing education(CE) for its members but it is wrong to require it to be reported in order to maintain membership. This makes for an exclusive community instead of an inclusive one. The only CE reporting requirement should be those maintaining a certification. If you want to have letters after your name to designate you are a certified professional genealogist then you have to prove you are maintaining those credentials and staying informed.Mar 10, 2017
- Sorry, don't mean to rant on this, but if the CE is just self-reported without any evidence that the education was actually completed, what does that really achieve? Anyone could fill out a list of podcast or online study groups so I don't understand what is being achieved by this. Agree with DearMyrtle that most people would only fill out the required 12 hours and not list all of hours just to fulfill the membership requirement.Mar 10, 2017
Add a comment...