- Emerald Coast AdvantageMentor and President, 2014 - presentFinancially successful independent practices of the future will not -- in fact, cannot -- rely on income from patients. To be successful, you MUST create passive income streams to generate income. Service business owners will never get rich or build a cash producing asset that can be sold unless they shift into a passive income streams business model.
- Deanna Wharwood and AssociatesPresident, 2009 - 2014Lead Coach, Team Phoenix: Transition Assistance Coaching The military is more than a job. It is a culture, a mindset and a lifestyle. My proven system addresses the transition period with a step-by-step program that "acclimates" military families to civilian norms. Using time tested assessments, we discover the latent talents and marketable abilities that our clients have and improve their skills sets in the areas of networking, job-hunting, negotiating salaries and benefits, and how to language their military skills, making them relevant to a civilian audience. Other members of my team of professionals specialize in the areas of veterans benefits, leveraging education and training opportunities, where to settle down and why, acquiring various insurances, managing finances, managing wealth and legal needs. In short, we are a "one-stop shop" for military families in transition. Lead Coach, Team Scorpion: Small Business Start Up Consulting Military life instills in service members the ability to become extremely successful as business owners and entrepreneurs. Our veteran owned small business start up program is delivered at three levels of training, coaching, consulting and support. The Essentials, The Exceptional and The Elite. At each level we assist veterans to successfully start up and build businesses from the first dollar to six figures. Each member of Team Scorpion has mastered one of the Nine Core Competencies of Business and delivers in-depth training, individualized consulting, and implementation support to veterans and military spouses who choose to start their own businesses either while on active duty or after their retirement.
- Cultural Competency SolutionsManaging General Partner, 2006 - 2009Lead of team of linguists, trainers and administrative professionals that specialized in acclimating the families of health care professionals to host countries. Acclimated U.S. families to living and working overseas in countries such as United Arab Emirates, Israel and Saudi Arabia. • Acclimated immigrant health care professionals to living and working in the United States. Provided cross cultural training and destination services to the families of immigrant health care professionals, to include locating housing, schools, heath care, communities and centers of worship. • Created, developed and delivered communications and diversity training programs for hospitals, nursing homes, private practices and multi-cultural health care teams. Provided coaching and leadership programs to foreign born health care professionals that chose to remain in the United States for professional reasons. -Business was sold.
- Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher Houses at NNMCManager, 2003 - 2007The Fisher Houses are hospital hospitality houses which provide emergency housing and emotional support to military families that must travel long distances to receive health care at military medical facilities. The Fisher Houses at NNMC specifically assist families of patients with a catastrophic illness or injury such as neonatal intensive care, adult hematology/oncology and wounded warriors. Performed various tasks as necessary to implement policies and procedures and coordinate the scheduling of fifteen rooms in accordance with SECNAVINST 7010.8 Supervised one Spanish speaking housekeeper and six volunteers. Liaison to Marine Corps Casualty Assistance Office, Navy Marine Corps Relief Society, Social Work Office, Pastoral Care Office, Fleet Liaison and the Fleet and Family Support Center. Special assignments as protocol specialist. Planned, executed and supervised special events for residents and Distinguished Visitors, VIPs and SES personnel to include: Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy, Surgeon General of the Navy, Secretary of Defense, the Ambassador of Columbia and others. Contracted and procured goods and services according to Department of Navy policies. Developed and executed budgets of over $500,000. Managed and directed several major renovation projects to facilities.
- Federal Realty Investment TrustLeasing Administrative Assistant, 2000 - 2003Multi-tasking administrative professional, employed by one of the premier real estate investment trusts in the country. Worked in a fast paced environment that required superior communication skills, the ability to concurrently work on teams, knowledge of in-house operating systems and crisis management skills. • Supported three leasing agents, including one Vice-President. • Prepared lease renewals with established tenants. Prepared job specifications for projects and service agreements. • Maintained positive retail tenant relations by working with the tenant coordination department and assisted the Vice President with monitoring completion of landlord work, facilitating delivery of spaces to tenants, coordinating meetings and special events. • Assisted in the Marketing Department, helping with the coordination of highly visible special events to assist tenants to generate sales upwards of $1 million overall. • Helped to develop a third party vendor program that administered the specialty leasing program for retail carts and kiosks.
- The Children's Inn at NIHResident Manager, 2007 - 2009The Children’s Inn is a “home away from home” for the families of children enrolled in pediatric research protocols at the National Institutes of Health.
Financially successful independent practices of the future will not -- in fact, cannot -- rely on income from patients. To be successful, you MUST create passive income streams to generate income.
- Fisk UniversityModern Foreign Languages, 1982 - 1986Modern Foreign Languages and Medical Laboratory Technology
- University of Maryland University CollegeBusiness and Government, 1995 - 2001International Business and Government
- City Colleges of ChicagoBusiness, 1995 - 1997Business and Small Business
- Vanderbilt UniversityRussian, 1982 - 1986Cross-registered while matriculated at Fisk University
How To Develop Your Buyer Persona And Reel In Better Customers
Every business -- small and large -- can benefit from investing a little time into defining a buyer persona. Here's a step by step.
Nursingentrepreneurs.com, The Nursing Entrepreneur, Nurse-Owned Business...
Nationwide Nursing resource to nurse entrepreneurs looking to nework and start home based businesses. On it you will find links to small and
Free Video Training for Self Published Authors | Ebook Publishing School...
I'm proud to announce my new free video training course for authors updated for 2015. I call it Ebook Publishing School 2.0. Here's what you
Where to Find Writing GrantsWritersDigest.com | WritersDigest.com
Start your search small and local by investigating grant opportunities in your own town, region and state. Peruse the websites of your town’
These are Top 25 Book Reviewers on Goodreads (infographic)
The top Goodreads book reviewers. The future of Social Book recommendations.
How The Use of Business Coaching Systems Will Change in 2015 • Coaches' ...
How The Use of Business Coaching Systems Will Change in 2015
How to Use Oktopost to Manage and Track Social Media
Oktopost is a social media management tool that has excellent facilities for tracking leads and conversions, well worth checking out.
Magic in a message - Creating the Irresistible Pitch
Identifies and discusses the best professional branding techniques and strategies for creating article and interview proposals and pitches t