- Deanna Wharwood and AssociatesPresident, presentLead Coach, Team Phoenix: Transition Assistance Coaching The military is more than a job. It is a culture, a mindset and a lifestyle. My proven system addresses the transition period with a step-by-step program that "acclimates" military families to civilian norms. Using time tested assessments, we discover the latent talents and marketable abilities that our clients have and improve their skills sets in the areas of networking, job-hunting, negotiating salaries and benefits, and how to language their military skills, making them relevant to a civilian audience. Other members of my team of professionals specialize in the areas of veterans benefits, leveraging education and training opportunities, where to settle down and why, acquiring various insurances, managing finances, managing wealth and legal needs. In short, we are a "one-stop shop" for military families in transition. Lead Coach, Team Scorpion: Small Business Start Up Consulting Military life instills in service members the ability to become extremely successful as business owners and entrepreneurs. Our veteran owned small business start up program is delivered at three levels of training, coaching, consulting and support. The Essentials, The Exceptional and The Elite. At each level we assist veterans to successfully start up and build businesses from the first dollar to six figures. Each member of Team Scorpion has mastered one of the Nine Core Competencies of Business and delivers in-depth training, individualized consulting, and implementation support to veterans and military spouses who choose to start their own businesses either while on active duty or after their retirement.
- Cultural Competency SolutionsManaging General Partner, 2006 - 2009Lead of team of linguists, trainers and administrative professionals that specialized in acclimating the families of health care professionals to host countries. Acclimated U.S. families to living and working overseas in countries such as United Arab Emirates, Israel and Saudi Arabia. • Acclimated immigrant health care professionals to living and working in the United States. Provided cross cultural training and destination services to the families of immigrant health care professionals, to include locating housing, schools, heath care, communities and centers of worship. • Created, developed and delivered communications and diversity training programs for hospitals, nursing homes, private practices and multi-cultural health care teams. Provided coaching and leadership programs to foreign born health care professionals that chose to remain in the United States for professional reasons. -Business was sold.
- Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher Houses at NNMCManager, 2003 - 2007The Fisher Houses are hospital hospitality houses which provide emergency housing and emotional support to military families that must travel long distances to receive health care at military medical facilities. The Fisher Houses at NNMC specifically assist families of patients with a catastrophic illness or injury such as neonatal intensive care, adult hematology/oncology and wounded warriors. Performed various tasks as necessary to implement policies and procedures and coordinate the scheduling of fifteen rooms in accordance with SECNAVINST 7010.8 Supervised one Spanish speaking housekeeper and six volunteers. Liaison to Marine Corps Casualty Assistance Office, Navy Marine Corps Relief Society, Social Work Office, Pastoral Care Office, Fleet Liaison and the Fleet and Family Support Center. Special assignments as protocol specialist. Planned, executed and supervised special events for residents and Distinguished Visitors, VIPs and SES personnel to include: Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy, Surgeon General of the Navy, Secretary of Defense, the Ambassador of Columbia and others. Contracted and procured goods and services according to Department of Navy policies. Developed and executed budgets of over $500,000. Managed and directed several major renovation projects to facilities.
- Federal Realty Investment TrustLeasing Administrative Assistant, 2000 - 2003Multi-tasking administrative professional, employed by one of the premier real estate investment trusts in the country. Worked in a fast paced environment that required superior communication skills, the ability to concurrently work on teams, knowledge of in-house operating systems and crisis management skills. • Supported three leasing agents, including one Vice-President. • Prepared lease renewals with established tenants. Prepared job specifications for projects and service agreements. • Maintained positive retail tenant relations by working with the tenant coordination department and assisted the Vice President with monitoring completion of landlord work, facilitating delivery of spaces to tenants, coordinating meetings and special events. • Assisted in the Marketing Department, helping with the coordination of highly visible special events to assist tenants to generate sales upwards of $1 million overall. • Helped to develop a third party vendor program that administered the specialty leasing program for retail carts and kiosks.
- The Children's Inn at NIHResident Manager, 2007 - 2009The Children’s Inn is a “home away from home” for the families of children enrolled in pediatric research protocols at the National Institutes of Health.
Deanna Wharwood currently lives in Destin, Florida but she does travel extensively to meet the needs of her clients. She is a breast cancer survivor going on her first year post-treatment.
Deanna Wharwood loves to travel. She has visited over 30 countries and speak several languages. She enjoys meeting new people and sharing information.
Deanna coaches,consults, trains and mentors active duty, veterans and military spouses to transition from easily from the military to their dream life.
The military is more than a job. It is a culture, a mindset and a lifestyle. My group of professionals specialize in the areas of veterans benefits, leveraging education and training opportunities, where to settle down, various insurances, managing finances and legal needs. In short, we are a "one-stop shop" for military families in transition.
Small Business Start Up Consulting
Military life instills in service members the ability to become extremely successful as business owners and entrepreneurs. Our program is delivered at three levels of training, coaching, consulting and support. We assist veterans to successfully start up and build businesses from the first dollar to six figures.
Host of "The Deanna Wharwood Show"
"The Deanna Wharwood Show" provides an opportunity for successful veteran small business owners to pass on their legacy of knowledge and best practices to others who are following in their footsteps. If you are a veteran or a military spouses that owns a small business, I look forward to hosting you on "The Deanna Wharwood Show."
Non-profit companies that serve the military community have the opportunity for free public service announcements during a broadcast. Please see Deanna's website for information on how to be featured or to advertise on the show at http://deannawharwood.com/podcast/
- Fisk UniversityModern Foreign Languages, 1982 - 1986Modern Foreign Languages and Medical Laboratory Technology
- University of Maryland University CollegeBusiness and Government, 1995 - 2001International Business and Government
- City Colleges of ChicagoBusiness, 1995 - 1997Business and Small Business
- Vanderbilt UniversityRussian, 1982 - 1986Cross-registered while matriculated at Fisk University
Inventory Blowout Sale on Personal Development | Home Business Resources
Blog post: The 2014 Inventory Blowout Sale on personal development resources offers an excellent selection of items, all up to 70% off the r
How to curate content (properly) on your website or blog
There are quite a few benefits to content curation. Here's quick primer on how to curate content for your website or blog.
How To See All The Companies That Are Tracking You On Facebook — And Blo...
If you're using Facebook, you're giving the company a ton of information about yourself which it is selling to advertisers in one form or an
Next Century Publishing Sponsors Women of Power Profitability Dallas Net...
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) January 24, 2014 On January 31st in Las Colinas, a fresh generation of female entrepreneurs is taking the stage. No lo
The Water Citizen Network Explores Water and the Civil Rights Movement |...
In a piece titled “Until Justice Rolls Down Like Water,” The Water Citizen Network explored the history and role of water in the Civil Right
Judy Hoberman Announces 'Women of Power Profitability' Live Event Las Co...
A new generation of Women Entrepreneurs are inspiring women in business. Join 250 Women as they gear up for profitability in 2014.
Bulletproof Business Bootcamp No-Cost Webinars to Build Your Business
Description From February 3 to February 12, 2014 Deanna Wharwood and Associates will host a FREE webinar series for active duty, veterans, m