On April 25th, I'll be visiting #sanfrancisco , and of course, I'll take my camera along. I'll only be there until the 28th, but I was curious if there were any particular places anyone likes to shoot. Could be daytime shots, early morning, long exposures, whatever. I'll have my cameras and tripod with me for the trip. If anyone lives there, or has been there and wants to recommend some places, feel free.
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- If you go out to the last pier to the west (43? 45? something like that) at sunset you can get some gorgeous shots of the sunset through the Golden Gate Bridge, like http://www.whitesharkphoto.com/landscapes/e1922d1bb
Get there well before sunset, as it tends to crowd up with lots of tripods. ;-)Apr 13, 2012
- Don't forget to turn around though. Everybody out there is focused on the Golden Gate and is missing this http://www.whitesharkphoto.com/landscapes/e16bf752 and this http://www.whitesharkphoto.com/landscapes/e1e7a954a
(Can you tell I love SF??)Apr 13, 2012
- Also walking out on the Golden Gate itself is a must. http://www.whitesharkphoto.com/pieces/h1e25350a#h1e25350aApr 13, 2012
- HiYou really can't go wrong around here. Where I decide to go is really is weather and conditions dependent most of the time. I shoot all along the channel between SF bay and the ocean (The North American Strait). - Sutro Baths, Bake beach, Marshall Beach, Fort Baker, Crissy Field, Fort Point, Presidio, Conzulman Road are all pretty accessible. I'm just a beginner though - I am sure others know much more about the area.
Good luckl!Apr 13, 2012
- Great suggestions, thanks, . I'm hoping for some fog, but that probably won't be an issue.
Can't wait to go and have some new shots to share!Apr 13, 2012