Anyone know how to save a google doc as a personal template? The instructions say to click on "submit" on the main template page, but I don't see any such button.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- +David Weinberger Thanks for posting your issue; I am having similar issues as detailed here http://goo.gl/8UOOs . Sorry I have no solution for you. I'm replying to your post to add myself to your long list of replies with the hope that someone [from Google?] might post an actual solution.
Dan MAug 17, 2012
- My template disappear after I come tomorrow. What happen with this function in Google DriverSep 5, 2012
- While resolving a different issue, I ran across your dilemna. I created a quick video that might help. Good Luck.. .
http://www.surfinwithstan.com/2012/12/enabling-templates-in-google-docs-or.htmlDec 15, 2012
- Is it an EDU account? Free business account, and are you the admin? (we can figure this out David... I'm sure)Dec 15, 2012
- The templates aren't available for the Free version of Business Apps. And, they quit offering the free version last week. The ones that are free, will stay free...from what I've read. What's interesting about this is that templates ARE available for the COMPLETELY Free - Gmail accounts. BUT, the template becomes available publicly, so everybody in the world would have access to it...including the Free Google Apps Business account you have.(You're free to scratch your head and say 'wha???', the same way I did.) I know it's just a work around, but... I've also confirmed it works by testing it with my old Gmail account.Dec 15, 2012
- There used to be an option to "Create", "from Template" but that's disappeared since last week. We can still get at the templates page using the link thatposted above but no-one seems to want to talk about the missing menu option......Feb 12, 2013