This is sick. The House voted 388 to 3 in favor of it yesterday.
221 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 165 previous comments
- RT is not "some random website." They are a major news network, yes Russian, with news bureaus around the world -- and they regularly appear on the homepage of Google News and elsewhere.
Instead of calling ME out, do your research on HR 347 and on the NDAA. These things are very real. If the truth disturbs you, don't shoot the messenger.
Good article in today's Guardian:
You should also be aware of this:
http://www.aclu.org/national-security/nsa-unchained-infographicFeb 29, 2012
- Furthermore, no bill will ever say, "Protest is now illegal in the United States, cheers!"
It's never that explicit. What this bill does is effectively illegalize protest by restricting it in ways that the founding fathers never intended, and in ways that are profoundly unconstitutional.
You SHOULD be able to protest in your own nation's capital, as long as you are peaceful... and yes, even if "government officials" are nearby -- isn't the whole point of protest to get the leaders' attention and urge them to reconsider their policies?Feb 29, 2012
- Adam A+4exactly. It gives judges and law enforcement precisely the kind of testing criteria for determining whether the law has been broken that they should not have! They key words being "intent to disrupt a government function." Describe intent! We already had problems with that kind of wording during the first world war with the Espionage Act. Thousands went to jail because prosecutors were able to say ANY criticism of the government was "intent" to disrupt the war effort.Mar 1, 2012
- sad soo sad ,Mar 6, 2012
- smile God loves youDec 2, 2013
- I sure would like to know who the 3 brave people were. 1st step to becoming a socialist country. God bless the USA.Jan 1, 2014