- The Sourcing Institute2014 - 2014Sourcer Certification Program - The following individual certificates have been attained within this program: Selecting Keywords, How Search Engines Work, Global Search Engine Commands & Syntax, Specialized Google Commands, Automating Through RSS Feeds & Alerts, Advanced LinkedIn Searching, Building Custom Search Engines (Google CSE, Blekko, Gigablast), People Lookups, International Sourcing, Veteran & Military Sourcing, Natural Language Search, Deep Web Search, Peer Regression Search, Advanced Diversity Searching & Sourcing, Leadership Series: Working Remotely & Managing Virtual Teams
- William Jessup UniversityBS Degree, 1995
- Search WizardsRecruiter, 2014 - present
- TrabaCareer Advisor, 2014 - presentTraba isn't just a jobsearch site. We show people how great they really are, and what that greatness means in terms of their career and professional development. People certainly discover new jobs through our site, but there's a lot more to it than that. As a contracted Career Advisor, I respond to and follow up with candidates that have requested individual services such as resume review, jobsearch support, candidate coaching, personal branding consultation, interview preparation, etc. Through supportive one-on-one services, our team is all about finding people happy places to work - places that offer meaningful, inspiring and positive environments filled with great people!
- Laurus CollegeInstructor (PT), 2014 - 2014In this function, I'm able to have a direct impact in preparing students and helping them understand topics related to careers, personal branding and jobsearch. By walking students through the process of comprehensive portfolio development (crafting industry-specific resumes, cover letters, etc) and building effective jobsearch strategies, the better prepared they will be as they transition into the workforce. I enjoy increasing my own knowledge base and continually learning all I can about current workforce trends and issues. And in doing so, I'm able to pass on supportive tools and resources to our students to help them overcome barriers. Subjects covered include (but are not limited to): ► Self Assessment ► Sources of Job Information ► Employer Research ► Social Media & Social Networking ► ATS Navigation ► Labor Market Information (LMI) Research ► Interview Preparation ► Personal Branding ► Portfolio Development (crafting effective resumes, cover letters, etc) ► Mock Interviews
- Helps2 MediaDigital Content Creator (Contract), 2013 - 2014The mission of Helps2 Media is to come alongside businesses and organizations of any size and type to support their goal of developing successfully authentic social and digital campaigns. We provide comprehensive social media management to help promote a dynamic web presence, giving individualized attention to meet customized client goals. We design and implement effective strategies so our customers can continually experience increased audience engagement and promotion of their brand. I contribute to the Helps2 team by creating, researching and curating material that is used across the various social channels of our customers for digital consumption. I also work on internal projects related to business development and Human Resources.
- Laurus CollegeCareer Services Director, 2012 - 2014In this role, I am responsible for: ✔ Tracking graduate employment ✔ Being a reliable resource to the local business community in helping meet recruiting and staffing needs. This is done by constantly cultivating a growing "warm leads" network of qualified candidates from an ever-expanding talent pool. This includes temporary placement and direct hires. ✔ Providing career advisement to students, working to prepare and assist students in becoming effective, job-ready candidates. ✔ Overseeing all aspects of delivering Career Services assistance to not just the 4 Central Coast campuses, but also the online student population throughout California.
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Cruz, Monterey & San Luis Obispo CountiesCommunity Manager, 2011 - 2012Responsibilities included: ● Establishing and maintaining social media platforms for both Goodwill Industries and the Business & Career OneStop system, serving as an information-sharing resource for the local workforce and jobseeker populations. ● Comprehensive management of multiple social media channels. ● Developed, coordinated and implemented specific and targeted social media strategies. ● Directing daily operations and appropriately managing and promoting engagement. ● Created and contributed industry-specific web content; instituted and maintained posting schedules; administration of overall blog function and content. ● Effectively collaborated with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy across multiple platforms.
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Cruz, Monterey & San Luis Obispo CountiesCase Manager, Employment Services, 2010 - 2012Shoreline was the Workforce Services division at Goodwill Industries of the Central Coast. Shoreline operated the Business and Career OneStop system throughout San Luis Obispo County. ► Attended job fairs and recruitment events. Networked with local businesses to assess strategic staffing goals and recruitment needs. ► Effectively built an established networking system of viable, job ready candidates to draw from to fill positions as needed. ► Assisted jobseekers in identifying and overcoming barriers to employment. ► Facilitated a variety of monthly public workshops addressing employability issues, including criminal history, general interviewing skills, resume preparation and appropriate use of social media for jobseekers. ► Presented program orientations to the general public, jobseekers, local community groups, collaborative partners and businesses, introducing available and relevant community resources. ► Participated in service outreach efforts to enhance and promote Goodwill's positive exposure in the local workforce community.
3 Keys to a Successful Creative Job Search Campaign | The Savvy Intern b...
Once a week on Mashable, Tech Crunch or Huffington Post I read about someone’s creative promotional approach to marketing themselves as a jo
Interview Questions: How to Wow the Hiring Manager - Spark Hire
How asking the right questions during an interview can impress the hiring manager.
5 Reasons You Must Ask for Recommendations on LinkedIn | The Savvy Inter...
Why do job seekers gloss over the importance of having strong recommendations tied to their LinkedIn profile? Despite any
Color Your Resume, and the Importance of Soft Skills - The Voice of Job ...
This episode should motivate you to start your job search on the right foot, and find out what employers value and apply that to your resume
Everything I Knew About the Job Hunt in College Was Wrong
My name is Andrew Kung and I’m a recent Berkeley grad. When I was in college last year, I thought I knew everything there was to know about