May this year bring all the happiness, prosperity, success, health, and security in your lives! And peace :-D
With thanks to Sony (love my a7s): https://youtu.be/wwxFQtyNXv8
The CDO Club is the world’s largest network of Chief Digital Officers (CDOs).
Over 65% of global Chief Digital Officers are members.
We help our members - and their organizations - deal with digital disruption, find exceptional leaders, build effective teams, maintain competitive advantage, and engage with their customers and partners more deeply through the use of digital, mobile, social media, and cloud services.
I was Executive Producer of Home Aid, a campaign to benefit the homeless with consultant Ken Kragen (Live Aid, Net Aid, We Are the World, Hands Across America).
My book, Be The Media, was featured in the NY Times after pre-selling 5,000 copies in 11 days via social media.
I've keynoted everywhere from the United Nations (3x in 2010) to Columbia University and National Speakers Association, from Amsterdam to Zagreb.
My award-winning radio show included guests Seth Godin, Wired co-founder Kevin Kelly, singer Jill Sobule, craigslist’s Craig Newmark, and Wikipedia’s Jimmy Wales.
From 1999-2002 I was CEO of Kinecta, where I raised $30 million in 2 years. Kinecta is now part of Oracle <NASDAQ: ORCL>
From 1994-1999 I was Vice President with Reuters, where I pioneered online syndication, years before RSS was invented.
I have served on numerous boards including Director of Home Aid America.
- Columbia UniversityMasters degree in International Business, Japanese, 1995
- SUNY BrockportBachelors degree in International Studies, Political Science, Spanish, 1980 - 1984
- Universidad Cuernavaca (Mexico)Immersive Spanish language, 1984 - 1984
- Brunel University (UK)International Business, Government Studies, 1981 - 1982
- Chief Digital Officer SummitCurator, 2012 - present
- CDO ClubFounder, 2012 - present
- Be The MediaCompiler, Publisher, 2002 - 2013
- Home Aid AmericaBoard of Directors, 2010 - 2013
- Home AidExecutive Producer, 2010 - 2013
- Chadick Ellig, Inc.Managing Director, Digital Media practice, Chadick Ellig, 2011 - 2013
- Media Freedom FoundationBoard of Directors, 2008 - 2011
- Kinecta CorporationChairman, CEO, 1998 - 2002
- Thomson ReutersVice President, 1994 - 1999
- Software SpectrumDirector, 1993 - 1994
- Ovid TechnologiesSales, 1989 - 1992
- Columbia University Business SchoolResearch, 1988 - 1989
- Columbia University Business SchoolConference Coordinator, 1986 - 1987
- London Electricity BoardData Entry, 1981 - 1982