I was doing some research on a cold call that I receive for retargeting. We currently work with a company that handles our PPC and remarketing through Google Adwords and Bing, but I was curious to find out more about Adroll. When I did a search (while on the phone), I was impressed with their website. Then, I Googled them to find out about their reputation. Their CEO comes up and his Quora answers came up. Then, I saw his responses and they really made a lot of sense. This impressed me and made me think, "wow". This company gets it. Their CEO gets it. Now, I'm really gonna dig into this and see if maybe this might be something to consider. Just my two cents.
- Snorkel-MartCustomer Care Lead, 2012 - presentCoordinates assigned customer service functions by providing technical expertise as necessary and by providing customer service phone coverage when needed. Assists in ensuring adequate telephone coverage throughout all business hours. Monitors calls and mail to ensure customers are assisted in a professional and responsive manner so customer issues are resolved. Positively promotes and ensures the highest level of customer satisfaction. Monitors Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and other social media properties.
- David Martin DesignFreelance Web Designer, 1998 - presentDavid Martin Design is a internet marketing company located in Bloomington, Indiana that offers businesses and individuals simple, yet effective marketing solutions. David works with each client to develop professional website designs that are highly optimized for search engine traffic and for generating high quality leads to grow your business. Specialties: Over 19 years of customer service experience, Responsive Website design, Wordpress, Google Apps, Business Communications Expertise (worked for 3 years at Indiana's largest independent telecommunications company selling IPTV, Cellular Service, DSL, Fiber Optic Internet, Satellite Internet, Home Phone, Voicemail, E-mail) Graphic Design / Front End Design (Over 10 years of experience using the Adobe Creative Suite) Social Media Marketing (Twitter, Facebook Business Pages, Yelp, Urbanspoon, and many more) Search Engine Optimization (Work with each client to develop a keyword strategy focusing on Market Research and learning about the client's business and their target customers)
- 911HealthShop.comInternet Marketing Assistant, 2012Utilizing creativity and technology, I worked with a small marketing team to manage over 15,000 premium health and fitness products including nutritional, fitness, and vitamin supplements in several online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Buy.com, Sears.com, and on our Yahoo e-commerce platform. Grew the Yahoo e-commerce catalog from a little over 5,000 products to over 20,000 items in 6 months. Helped to create consistent branding through updating the e-mail signature company-wide, and worked with the marketing team to update the branding to a new logo across various media properties. Created several Microsoft Excel workbook "programs" to easily look up multiple suppliers for various products, to check stock levels easily, and to streamline the process of customers joining the Membership Club / Rewards Program. Learned ChannelAdvisor, Retail Strategy, Multi-Level Marketing marketing techniques, and various strategies for selling on Amazon.com (mostly).
- Smithville Communications, Inc.Customer Service Representative, 2008 - 2011As a Customer Service Representative in the "New Install" office at Smithville, I was involved with helping residential and business customers sign up for advanced telecommunication solutions including telephone, high-speed DSL and fiber-optic internet, IPTV, long distance, security systems, and cellular service, as well as 48 other Smithville products. I helped start a Co-Rec company softball team with help from a donation from the CEO, Darby McCarty. I coached the team through 3 great seasons and developed close relationships with many of my teammates. I recommended an enterprise social networking tool called Yammer. (Microsoft bought this company for 1.2 billion dollars). My proposal was well received and the company has been very successfully using this product. After being the sole employee on the network, I encouraged my supervisor, department manager, and other higher level decision makers that using Yammer would improve communications and create a valuable feedback loop to improve service. Helped research and recommend a Unified Messaging product as an external and internal solution for Smithville customers.
Deep Blue Gear is the manufacturer of wholesale snorkeling gear sold all over the world. Some of our clients include the Sandals Resorts, various dive shops in the Caribbean, hotels, and many other places in the world.
Snorkel-Mart USA sells to all 50 states and also many other places in the world. In this capacity, I need to know how to manipulate the website source code to make updates to the Coldfusion based code that makes up a major portion of what our website is built upon. It was a custom built solution by one of the co-founders of the company, Tom Sutton. He is self-taught in Coldfusion, PHP, and many other programming languages.
My position @ Snorkel-Mart USA and Snorkel-Mart Canada is Customer Care Lead. We lead our customers to have a great time while they are snorkeling on vacation. :) Take a look at our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media accounts. I handle web updates & changes to the products, images, etc...
In my spare time, I work @ David Martin Design. Over 15 years experience in developing custom websites, & working with businesses to develop internet marketing solutions that are successful. (www.davidmartindesign.com) --- I offer Website Design, Local Search Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Content Management Systems, Internet Retail, E-Commerce development, Wordpress, and more.
Co-Organizer of @TEDxBloomington 2013
2nd place at Startup Weekend Bloomington 2013
Hustler Award at the Lean Startup Machine Chicago 2012
- Ivy Tech State College - BloomingtonComputer Information Systems - Web Management Certificate, 2010
- Indiana UniversitySchool of Informatics, 2001
Search Marketers Need to Evolve: Google is Rewarding Marketing Strategists
Google is increasingly rewarding broader marketing strategy, which means your job is evolving. It isn't enough to focus on search marketing;
You Can Explain eBay's $50 Billion Turnaround With Just This One Crazy S...
Back in the middle of the last decade, eBay...
Microwave steamed salmon with bok choy cookbookinabox
An illustrated how-to recipe to prepare microwave steamed salmon with bok choy.
AuthorRank Isn't Real (Yet) So Don't Worry About It (Too Much)
Yesterday I spoke at Mixwest (formerly Blog Indiana) about AuthorRank. In case you missed my presentation, allow me clarify some things abou
'Game of Thrones' actress Maisie Williams posts hilarious Vine video rea...
Arya Stark may be devastated by the horrific massacre on Sunday night’s episode of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” but the actress who plays her se
Bloomington North’s Colby Stratten will play baseball at Indiana
Colby Stratten, Bloomington North's standout senior shortstop/pitcher, has committed to play baseball for Coach Tracy Smith's Indiana Hoosie
Social Media News and Web Tips – Mashable – The Social Media Guide
Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube. The latest web techno
The Next Web - International technology news, business & culture.
International technology news, business & culture.